cyano

i just got home from being out of town for about 2 weeks. my husband has been taking care of the basics on my tank. i noticed last night that i have two patches of cyano. how can i get rid of this? and quickly hopefully. thx so much!

I know it's a wierd question but do you have an idea of what has changed over the last two weeks? Are the patches in the same area? How about some specific info about your tank and setup?

well.. i did a water check this morning and my nitrates and phosphates are high. i dont know whats changed... im trying to find out since i was gone for 2 wks. my husband didnt really watch it and see, he basically just did my dosing, feeding, and top off. with the way he feeds im sure thats partly contributing to the high levels. (i cant exactly remember what they were. im not at home currently) im doing a 25% water change tonight when i get home. might bump it up to a 50% or 25% today and then another in a 2-3 days. i only had two fish. a starry blenny and a yasha goby. as of this morning my blenny was no where to be found. and i have no clue on the goby as i barely see him anyways. im thinking the blenny died, but i dont know how long ago. i cant find remains anywhere. i do have some peppermint shrimp and a cuke which seem to be doing fine. im going to check ammonia tn too. anyways. the patches diminished over the night while the lights were off, but im sure they will pop back up in full force again today. its not on the sand bed. red slime two diff rocks. one patch is bigger than the other one, although while the lights were off, the bigger patch dwindled down into four smaller patches.

If you didn't have cyano problems before, just go back to your regular routine. I'm sure it will disappear, just maybe not as fast as you'd like.