Recent content by elinder

1. E

Back to Saltwater after 4 years

Hello, I've been out of the hobby for 4 years now and have decided to get back in. I just purchased a 20gal long tank and I'm getting this overflow for it. http://www.drsfostersmith.com/Product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid=18358 I have a question as to what return pump I can use for it? I'm...
  2. E

AC Jr

I just got this thing and I was trying to get the lights to work at least. Anyway everythings working good for the first hour. My main lights out! Then at 10:15 they come on and just now at 10:26 they shut off. WTF! I guess I'm stupid . Maybe to many beers?
  3. E

T5 Light selection

I just got my Current NEP 6x39 36". I'm scraping the bulbs for better ones. I'm planning on just keeping softies and a couple lps. Anyone have any lighting recommendations to bring out the colors?
  4. E

Reefkeeper elite

Anyone getting one of these or have any info on when they'll be out? I'm fixing to purchase a controller and I'm thinking of waiting till this comes out. www.digitalaquatics.com/index.php
  5. E

My return pump is driving me to drink!

Not really, I don't need an excuse for that. I'm using a mag 7 on a 58 gal rr tank with a 1" overflow and 3/4" return. It sounds like a toilet is flushing every couple minutes. Not a good thing since the tank is in my bedroom. Is this because the pump is pushing to much water or what?
  6. E

return pump

Would a mag 9.5 be ok for a return pump on a rr 58 gallon tank? I'm going to have 2 korilia (sp) 4's also in the tank for water movement. The only thing I'm going to keep in the tank is softies.
  7. E

Toadstool

hum
  8. E

petco

I know don't buy anything from petco. I couldn't help myself. I saw a huge leather coral and a feather duster just sitting there all by themselves. My wife and I decided to try and safe it. I'll post some pictures and give updates. I hope I can help it. The manager did give me a 20% discount.
  9. E

Mated Clowns

I'm wanting to add a pair of mated clowns to my 34 gal. My question is, with the tank being 5 weeks old would it be wise? All test are 0 except for nitrates (20) 2nd question is it cruel to add them without them having a anemone to live in? The only thing I have in the tank now is snails and...
  10. E

Starting up a 34 gal. solana

Not sure if this is still considered a nano, but with 50lbs of live sand and 50 pounds of live rock it is under 30 gals. :D Anyway, I'll post some pictures of the tank, stand, & lights tommorrow. It doesn't seem that to many people have this tank yet. I love the rimless look of the tank. I also...
  11. E

distilled water

am i correct in my thinking that the distilled water I'm using for my tank contains no chlorine?
  12. E

Finnex M Tank??

Does anyone local sell this either in a 20 gal or the 30 gal version? I'm fixing to order one online but I would rather pick it up local if I can.
  13. E

Best Nano Skimmer

I'm fixing to purchase a skimmer for my Bio Cube 29 gal. I was wondering what is the better skimmer for it.
  14. E

Anyone have a Aqua Jr.?

Mine just arrived today. I was so excited and then I open the owners manual. :? I managed to calibrate the PH and the Temp. That was easy seeing that is what I get paid to do everyday. I'm confused about everything else. What are the little switches on the back of the D8? The only thing that...
  15. E

Fixing to purchase (anybody have one?)

http://www.digitalaquatics.com/index.html They have the Reefkeeper and the Reefkeeper II. If anyone has one what is the difference between the 2. I see where you will be able to update the new model. But what does that mean? I guess my question is what is data logging?