Search results

1. L

Who has a Fish Trap?

I am trying to catch a territorial tang, and havent been successful with the coke bottle method. Anybody around Fort Worth have a fish trap I can borrow? Thanks.
  2. L

American DJ PC-4 Project

Anyone with a power box.....please help. I am looking at designs for a DIY project that I am about to take on. I would like to see pictures of others power/electrical boxes that have been built for their reefs. Anybody got any pictures? Thanks.
  3. L

Phosban Reactor?

What exactly will a Phosban Reactor do for my tank? I am running carbon, and heavy skimming. What benefits will I see with running Phosban? Thanks.
  4. L

I Want More Color!

I have a predominately softie coral reef set-up, but want more color. Do any of you have any suggestions on what types of soft corals could add some much needed color? I will attach pictures when I get home. I loved Blide's tank when he had it set up as a soft coral tank. That is really what...
  5. L

Dehumidifier? Anybody use one?

I am looking at buying a dehumidifier, and was wondering if anyone had any experience. Any help will do. Lowes has the Whirlpool brand, and Home Depot has LG brand. Thanks for the help.
  6. L

About to buy a chiller! Have questions!

To all of you guys that are currently running a chiller, I have several questions. I just recently moved my tank, and it looks as if I will need a chiller. :evil: I am looking at buying one, but have no experience with them. It will be going on a 125 gallon reef, with a 30 gallon sump/fuge...
  7. L

Whelks eating Zoos?

Lately I have noticed several of my zoo colonies slowly dying off and dissapearing. They seem to just slowly go away. I have noticed that I have hundreds of what I thought were nassarius snails, (until I looked at this.... http://www.melevsreef.com/id/whats_a_whelk.html ). Now I am leaning on...
  8. L

Best way to frag a frogspawn

Just like the title states, I am looking to frag several heads off of my frogspawn. Some of the heads on top have been overshadowing the bottom heads. What is the best way to frag the ones on bottom? Should I just snap them off with a pair of pliers or another type of tool? Help! I was...
  9. L

New Electrical Panel

Jeremy, I gotta say it looks a whole heck of a lot better. I am sure that the better half really appreciates the new look! Mine sure would. :lol:
  10. L

Which Protein Skimmer? HELP!

Lately I have noticed my skimmer not creating much skimmate. My water seems a little less clear, however all parameters are good. I am looking at getting a new skimmer soon, and wanted everyone's opinions. I have a 125g reef with 45 gallon sump/refugium, with around 175 lbs of live rock...
  11. L

Anyone Have a Nautilus Skimmer?

Any advice, I am thinking of buying one in the for sale forum. Kent Nautilus Ex 24. I cant find many reviews on this skimmer. Thanks.
  12. L

Phosban Reactor

Anybody using a Phosban Reactor? What are the advantages/disadvantages of having one? I am interested in running carbon, and thought that this might be the easiest way. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
  13. L

GB Maroon Clown Hosting or Being Eaten?

Cool pictures! I am not real sure if the shroom would've eaten the clown, but I would've done the same thing you did.
  14. L

Did you see this picture?

Pretty funny picture, of some tangs going head to head. http://www.msnbc.com/modules/interactive.aspx?type=ss&launch=12939783,2&pg=12
  15. L

Dosing Calcium?

What brands of calcium do you guys use to dose? I have some sps, and feel like it would grow and be a little more happy with some added calcium. Is there another alternative to dosing calcium? I do not have a reactor, nor plan on spending the money to get one. Thanks for the help.
  16. L

Nano Tank Threads

This would definately help me out. I have a JBJ 24 that I am going to set up soon, but would like to see what other people have experienced with their nanos. What works, what doesnt, etc.
  17. L

24 Gallon Nano Cube

I just recently purchased a 24 gallon nano cube from another member, and dont really know where to start. I was planning on using this in my office, but needed to know what your thoughts are. What extras do I need to place in this tank to get it up and running? Ex. Heater, extra power head...
  18. L

Farewell my friend!

I bought "Debo" the green moray in College Station while attending school there quite some time ago. When I saw him, I just had to have him. He was about 12"-14" long and very active. He made it thru 3 seperate moves and has outgrown 2 tanks. He has been my baby for quite sometime, but just...
  19. L

Zoanthids are closing up

Lately I have noticed a large colony of zoos have been slowly closing up. They havent been fully extending for several days now. I have kept a close watch on them for the last week, and havent seen any nudibranchs, other pests or fish nipping at them. Let me know what you think. Sorry for...
  20. L

It Finally Split!

Well, after wondering for quite some time when it was going to happen, it's finally here! I walked in yesterday and to my surprise I had two identical twins. My mated pair of maroons dont really know what to do, so they each stay in one. Here are some pictures of my twins. Does anyone really...