Dosing Calcium?

What brands of calcium do you guys use to dose? I have some sps, and feel like it would grow and be a little more happy with some added calcium. Is there another alternative to dosing calcium? I do not have a reactor, nor plan on spending the money to get one. Thanks for the help.

Where is your Ca currently? What about Alk and Mg? If you needed to bring it up, I've got some Kent Turbo Calcium that you could use to bring it up to an acceptable range.

As far as maintaining it, you could dose a 2 part such as B-Ionic or RHF's homemade 2-part recipe seen here:

http://reefkeeping.com/issues/2006-02/rhf/index.php

Also, dripping kalk may help you maintain your Ca as well as Alk.

Calcium Hydroxide (Kalkwasser) mixed with vinegar in my auto-topoff container... Keeps my Ca and Alk up right where I want it on what's quickly becoming an SPS dominant reef...

Down side is having to manually add calcium hydroxide and vinegar to my auto-topoff reservoir on a daily basis as opposed to the "set it and mostly foret it" nature of a calc reactor, but it works for me at least...

Thanks for the help guys. Steve, I dont have a Ca test kit, and dont have any idea where it sits at. The SPS that I do have is fairly easy to keep, but hasnt grown a whole lot in the time frame that I have had it. I have a very large monti cap colony, a large green slimer, several monti digitata frags, and a few other frags. Everything else in the tank is softies. I just want to make sure they stay happy.

@TCU Reefer wrote:
I can test your water for you if you bring over a sample. Let me know if you're interested. said:
I am for sure interested, not to mention, I want to see your great set up. Sending PM.

like many others in the old days, i did the kalkwasser thing and then the early crushed coral/CO2 calcium reactors. later i became a fan of sprinkling Tropic Marin Bio-Clacium in several small doses each day. before all of the above, i used the ducthman's complexal C and complexal + on old h-39 "mini-reef" tanks. after all that i went away to sleep for a few years and woke up with wrinkles and found that my feet hurt.

by no means am i any sort of authority on this subject, especially these days... i'm not a doctor.