Search results

1. C

Clownfish exp needed

So I have 2 clownfish. The female is a percular. The male is a stubby ocellaris (named chubs;)) (Was told they are the same, and can breed together) anyway. The two clownfish are acting vary strange. Kinda like a married couple that constantly bicker. I can't tell if they are paired up or just...
  2. C

Coral ID?

I got this from a member. Was sold as a montipora, but I can't find it. Was told it was a bicolored montipora. But I think it might really be a chalice. Any takers? I've just never seen a fleshy montipora before. alt="">
  3. C

Lawnmower Blenny owners.

I was watching my Lawnmower Blenny today and realized that he/she always goes to the front of the glass (preferably in front of you) and takes care of its "business". Also he/she will bite my hand. Totally rude if you ask me, but is any of this normal, or does my fish hate me?
  4. C

Coral beauty with ick

So like it says, coral beauty with ick. It was in a qt tank for 3 weeks. Put it in my tank and it has ick now. The qt tank is not in my possession atm. Only tank I have is a 5g tank which is too small. I employed a cleaner shrimp which does hardly anything effective. And I can't use copper, and...
  5. C

Cloudy water and brown algae

This is from cycling right? And about how long will it last? Sorry, I haven't started up a new tank in so long. I kinda forgot about this stuff.
  6. C

jbj stock light question

Are the LED bulbs suppose to stay on when plugged in or do they just flash?
  7. C

Next challenge. Dwarf seahorse tank

So I'm down grading my reef. Wanting a dwarf seahorse tank. Someone at fish2marow said that you can get them to eat frozen, and a 14g cube would be a good size for a few. Or am I getting an ear full of what they want me to hear? Doing more and more research. But I like to hear multipul...
  8. C

Help with iodine dip

Fragged multipul corals. Any help with an iodine dip would be great. I have no idea on how to do this, or the steps and water/iodine amount. It's for sps, and leathers. Polyps as well. Using fluval iodine.
  9. C

Fluval Spec V Aquarium build

Any ideas on how to do scape? First real nano build. Any help and tips would be great
  10. C

Help with sps

Ok, so the owner to my lfs said my montiporas are browning out, but I thought that they were bleaching because there turning white......O.o Anyway I had LED lights but switched back to my t-5 fixture from wave point. It's HO 4 bulb fixture. Phos-0 Nitrate/trite-0 Mag-1400 Cal-400 Dkh-12 Ph-8.4...
  11. C

Help with pars

I have 2cree bars with 6 LEDs on each bulb. Each bulb is 3 Watts. I have no idea where to put it, my sps either browning or bleaching. Yet polyps fully extended, and water is optimul condition.
  12. C

Temp problem

So new rule in the house is the rooms stay at 76 degrees! Which makes my tank temp at 81.7. Does anyone have any idea what to do? I want a chiller but can only afford a used one or better said cheap one!
  13. C

Temp swings

So I have my temp set to 75, but I woke up yesterday and my temp was at 83.6 so I replaced my heater, it went down but is now back up to 78.3 can't afford a chiller. Any ideas?
  14. C

Frogspawn came off...

What would cause this? it was still kinda attached to the skeleton but all long and droopy. then a fish swam by it and part of it stuck to the fish and the rest kinda flew around.
  15. C

My first spa and lps frag

alright guys. So I was told to use wire cutters so here it goes. Hope I don't totally kill the entire coral. this is my first sps and lps frag so I hope all goes well.
  16. C

how to frag these corals

Galaxia, and hydropoiria. Spelling on the last one?
  17. C

CPR skimmer question

My skimmer is being weird. Collecting a lot and making the cup slip down which floods the floor. Can I put it inside the sump?
  18. C

Few things looking into breeding

Clowns Seahorses Mandarins Had clown and seahorse baby's but sold everything before I could get exp in it. Any sudgestions on where to look for info on these?
  19. C

Those amazing days

When you look at your tank and for some reason the water is super extra clear and everything is opened to it's max waving in the flow perfectly... If only those came more often. Who agrees?
  20. C

random baby lobster

Ok, so today I was moving sand around trying to get my background to fit perfectly, and I found a random baby lobster. no bigger then a copapod or whatever the rolly polly looking things are... any idea how to take care of this little guy? No color yet. Just really yellow. I think it's a lobster...