Coral beauty with ick

So like it says, coral beauty with ick. It was in a qt tank for 3 weeks. Put it in my tank and it has ick now. The qt tank is not in my possession atm. Only tank I have is a 5g tank which is too small. I employed a cleaner shrimp which does hardly anything effective. And I can't use copper, and don't use garlic because there is no scientific data it helps with ick and it is been studied and shown its bad for the overall health of your fish. Does anyone have an idea to help? I've always been too afraid to freshwater dip.

There are at least two reef safe ich medications I know of. I've tried them both. Ruby Reefs kick ich worked okay but I have 6 tangs that are super prone to ich (and a coral beauty) so it didn't completely stop it after two cycles! My other LFS recommended Herbtana (much cheaper) which I'm using at the moment. 4 days into a 10 day cycle and it's looking good so far. Ich almost clear and none of my fish, corals, anemones, or shrimp have died or even looked sick. So far so good...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@Tabi1720 wrote:
There are at least two reef safe ich medications I know of. I've tried them both. Ruby Reefs kick ich worked okay but I have 6 tangs that are super prone to ich (and a coral beauty) so it didn't completely stop it after two cycles! My other LFS recommended Herbtana (much cheaper) which I'm using at the moment. 4 days into a 10 day cycle and it's looking good so far. Ich almost clear and none of my fish said:
I've tried multiple times. Always bothered my anemones, killed one. Plus it's garlic biased. How much is the other one?

Almost double the price. They sell it (sometimes) at The Fish Place by Ridgemar Mall and also on marinedepot.com. Ruby Reef (the manufacturer) also sells it on a website. Good Luck!

UV sterilizer is supposed to help... I didn't notice it helping my ich but I have a lot more ich prone fish than you so it may work for you.

Treatment is best left for a QT system. It becomes really difficult to isolate the treatment to the affected fish, effectively dose and limit exposure to other fish in a display. In my experience, it is best to maintain a low stress environment, make sure the water parameters are pristine and keep the fish well fed in a display in order to fight off crypto.

You can find plenty of detailed info and proven treatment options in these articles:
http://www.reefkeeping.com/issues/2003-08/sp/
http://reefkeeping.com/issues/2003-10/sp/feature/index.php

Hope it clears up soon!