Help with sps

Ok, so the owner to my lfs said my montiporas are browning out, but I thought that they were bleaching because there turning white......o_O
Anyway I had LED lights but switched back to my t-5 fixture from wave point. It's HO 4 bulb fixture.
Phos-0
Nitrate/trite-0
Mag-1400
Cal-400
Dkh-12
Ph-8.4
Corals are from bottom to middle. Figured if I changed the light I should keep where there at until I find out the source. All lps are open.

I would guess lack of light. Are u running bio pellets? If you are carbon dosing, then those numbers are too high. I would move them up higher up about 3-6" from the water line. See if that helps in a couple weeks. They actually need a lot of par and flow, but not direct flow. Pointing a power head right at it will surely kill it.

@ThanhNguyen wrote:
I would guess lack of light. Are u running bio pellets? If you are carbon dosing said:
I just added carbon a few days ago. I want to move them, but I also want to be sure and rule out anything else first. Because if its not lighting then I would mess it all up.

brown corals are usually a sign of producing to much zooxanthellae, bleaching is the result of stress and a coral expelling it's zoox. since you have recently changed to LEDs, I'd lower the coral on, maybe start on your sandbed and work them up once they get acclimated

You're gonna get a lot of different answers but first thing to check IME is salinity, then double check all #s with different test kits if possible. If these are caps they can live in very little light and less than perfect water quality. Pics would be great of course but if you can't get them the type of monti would be sufficient. My guess would be alk swings or improper acclimation, that said if you don't feed often it could be low nutrients.