Search results

1. L

huge algae problem

I am having a huge problem in my 28jbj led nano with cyano algae(stringy brown stuff). I had a bloom of hair algae but is under control with some emerald crabs. But now I have a huge out break of cyano. I have dosed cemiclean three times now. I have done 3 water changes every 3 days in a row and...
  2. L

DIY LED Help!!

I am wanting to do a LED fixture for my pico build. It is a finnex 4 gallon tank that has the following dimensions 12 1/4 x 7 1/2 x 10 1/4. I am wanting to use orange corals in the tank so I really want them to pop during the daytime and some awesome blue color in the night time to make them...
  3. L

LSBBA's Pico

This is my pico dedicated to my new daughter. She is only 4 months old but already goes crazy looking at my fish tank in my living room and starts kicking and reaches out trying to grab at the fish through the glass. So, I decided to make one up at the office that she and I could enjoy. I...
  4. L

Which Controller Should I look into?

As I am getting more and more in depth with my saltwater tanks (and money) I am seeing that people are using controllers for there tanks to control salanity,ato,temperature,fans, etc. I am curious which ones you guys would recommend me to look into. To be honest I dont have 300-400 to invest...
  5. L

What ATO do I use?

I am wanting to get an ATO for my 28g jbj led nano and possibly a separate one for my 4g pico. I was curious what some of your experiences have been with ATO and which you would recommend for these two different systems. I have heard about the JBJ ATO but dont have any real experiences to know...
  6. L

Bangii Baby Making Time!!!!

I just recently posted how I had found a baby bangii in the back of my tank while cleaning. It unfortunately did not make it and passed today. I did some research and figured out that when the male has a protruding jaw, it is holding the young. I got to thinking back about when that was that I...
  7. L

New LR..should I QT???

I have some live rock that I am getting from a LFS and dfwmas memebers. How should I QT and treat them to make sure I dont add things that should not be in my tank. Or should I just start with dry rock? I know there is a frag swap coming up so I am very interested on what I should do when I get...
  8. L

Skimmer Help!

I have a JBJ 28g LED tank that I need a new skimmer for. I currently have a biocube skimmer on it and it sucks!!!!!! I have another tank that has a aquaticlife 115 skimmer and it is awesome. The only problem is I don't think the same skimmer would fit in the JBJ tank.(maybe with modification but...
  9. L

Assistance with ideas please!!!

First topic: I am looking at trying to get some digital testing kits for ph, nitrite, nitrate, etc. Are there even any out there? Are there any that are actually worth it? What brand/s would you recommend? Second Topic: I have a 28g led jbj nano and I would like to cover the back wall with some...
  10. L

WTB a new skimmer but what do i get?

I want a skimmer for my jbj 28g led tank. I have the oceanic skimmer and it <u>SUCKS </u>!!! I recently bought a nice skimmer the AquaticLife Internal Mini Skimmer 115 for my freshwater/saltwater setup and that thing kicks the pants of this biocube skimmer! So what can i get that would be better...
  11. L

BRAND NEW SIDE BY SIDE FRESHWATER/SALTWATER SETUP

I was motivated to start a new tank build after reading another users thread of his side by side build on a 55 gallon stand. I don't have the room anywhere in the house due to my wife not wanting any tanks on the carpet. So I decide to take the kitchen counter space and use it. I started off by...
  12. L

Yeah

So I have never seen this before but my sherman rose bubble tip anemone split last night! I went to bed with one and now I have two. I guess I need to get my new clownfish soon lol! They are both about a baseball size and look great. One is on one side of the tank the other is on the opposite...
  13. L

Where are my fish?

Yet again I am in need of assistance. I have/had the following fish in my tank which is a 28g jbj led. Fish: Six-line wrasse, 2 Firefish Goby, Aurora Goby, Black and White Clownfish, Sleeper Diamond Goby. Invertebrates: Blue Spiny Lobster, Cleaner Shrimp, Pistol Shrimp, Banded Starfish, Sand...
  14. L

Arghh Algae problems!

I am having some problems with my algae in my tank. My parameters are fine. (I have had them checked by my LFS). I have the following things to help clean the tank : 4 turbo snails, 2 astrea snails,2 snails that live under the sand(dont know the name), 4 hermit crab, Blue spiny lobster, banded...
  15. L

28g jbj led tank questions and inquiry

I am brand new to saltwater and am doing a bunch of research thanks to some helpful advice from you guys on here. You suggested I put up my tanks pics and specs so you could give some more guidance. I have a 28g JBJ Led Nano Tank. It is all LED and pretty sweet. I have about 30lbs of live rock...