Assistance with ideas please!!!

LSBBA

Premium Member
First topic:
I am looking at trying to get some digital testing kits for ph, nitrite, nitrate, etc. Are there even any out there? Are there any that are actually worth it? What brand/s would you recommend?
Second Topic:
I have a 28g led jbj nano and I would like to cover the back wall with some sort of coral. What would be a good idea? I am looking for something that is fast/ish growing. I was thinking about a green star polyp size on the left corner and right corner and a pink star polyp in the middle? and letting it grow up the back wall. I figured maybe 8-12 months before I would see some pretty awesome growth. The other idea was some rather larger colonies of zoanthids with the same theme as before With maybe reds and blues or yellow colors. The problem is they take longer and are also a bit more picky. Also GSP is usually pretty easy to get a flat piece that is large so it can be mounted on the wall. Zoanthids usually come on large rocks arghhh.

I just wanted ya'lls input on other corals or process of going about this.

Thank You,
LSBBA

I don't think it would take 8-12 months to see good growth from GSP. I put some in my tank hoping to get it to grow up the back and I have a good 3 x 6 section in just a few months and that started just touching the back wall. The problem may be keeping it stuck to the wall. A small section of mine is starting to pull away from the wall.

I was doing alot of research on the digital stuff for awhile, here is what I came up with PH- Milwaukee pH600 pH Meter Pen, got one, I like it, Nitrite- shouldnt be in your tank unless there is a cycle of some kind taking place, I wouldnt put the money out for a digital meter of any kind for this, Nitrate- I wanna keep this at zero if I can, the meters are expensive as &%*@ so I just stick with a salifert test kit to detect it. Also just ordered the Hanna Checker Phosphate PO4 Colorimeter, heard it was a good buy