Recent content by ToddLaCo

1. T

Metal Halide lights

Set of three 400 watt metal halide lights with balasts, reflectors and 20,000 Kelvin bulbs. Make an offer   <hr /><hr />  
  2. T

Stuff from 300 reef tank and some smaller also for sale

I need to clear out my storage and have the following items for sale. Smaller items in pics not listed are also available, just make an offer for those items.Located in Aledo. (682)240-9444Make reasonable offers on all10 gallon tanks x220 Long tankBrute 32 gallon w/ float valve drilled bottom...
  3. T

MISCELANEOUS STUFF FOR SALE

I'm cleaning out my storage and have the following items for sale. Smaller items in pics not listed are also available, just make an offer for those items.10 gallon tanks x2 $5/ea20 Long tank $20Brute 32 gallon w/ float valve drilled bottom for bulkhead $20Radium 400W 20,000k x3 $40/ea26 gallon...
  4. T

Clam Quarantine Question

After approximately 14 years in this hobby I will be getting my first clams in about two weeks. Maximas and squamosa from a somewhat unknown source so I need to take all precautions before they enter my main display. Obviously they can't carry ich, but what should I look for? I have never had...
  5. T

ACIII Network Configuration

I just finished configuring my wireless router and wireless game port and now I have no clue how to configure my ACIII so I can see it on my computer. The ACIII instructions leave a LOT to be desired for us non-computer geek individuals. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  6. T

Connecting Aquacontroller III to Computer

I am going to install my new controller this weekend and am not sure if I will be able to run a cord from my fish room to the office with the computer. What are my wireless options for connecting this? I have a wireless router, what will I need on the controller end to connect wireless to my...
  7. T

Hyposalinity Article

I found this article about Hyposalinity today on Advanced Aquarist and thought I would share, especially since there have been a few threads about quarantine lately. This is an awesome article, check it out. http://www.advancedaquarist.com/2007/6/fish
  8. T

CoralVue Ballasts

Second question: Does anyone know if CoralVue Electronic 400 Watt MH Ballasts are good or bad, especially from personally experience. I can get a fairly good deal on these and would like to order them if they are a quality product. Thanks
  9. T

LUMINARC III

I am in the market for some new Luminarc III's and can't seem to find many distributors online. Can anyone out there share some sources for these reflectors? I found them for 126.00 on "Ocean Homes. com". Does anyone know if this is a good source to order from online? Links to other sources...
  10. T

Recommended Acrylic Thickness

Marc, or anyone in the know, I am going to build a sump and need a recommendation on acrylic thickess to use. The dimensions will be: 36Lx35Wx20-24H (still gave to calculate my tank, refugium and RDSB drain back to establish the required height)
  11. T

Skimmer Dimensions

I am designing a larger sump for my system and need a little input on real life skimmer dimensions, so I can properly size my skimmer section. I will be using an ASM G-4X in the sump as a second skimmer. Does anyone know what the actual dimensions (Length and Width) is for this skimmer...
  12. T

First Cut on RBTA

For those that don't know, I am starting a coral farm and I made my first cut of a RBTA that I bought wild caught in October. I will post chronological procedures, including pictures. Unfortunately I forgot to snap a picture before removing it from the tank. The first picture is of it deflated...
  13. T

Seachem Gray Coast

I just stumbled on a product that looks like a great addition to a reef tank. It's called Gray Coast Calcite by Seachem. Here is a link to it: http://www.seachem.com/products/product_pages/GrayCoast.html I have just ordered 4 bags of it for my refugium and was wondering if anyone has any long...
  14. T

CALCIUM CHLORIDE AT HOME DEPOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just made a trip to the Home Depot in Weatherford for some plumbing parts and saw some Calcium Chloride Ice Melter. I spoke to a manager and they have three pallets of the stuff in stock. I checked the manufacturers web site for specific ingredients, but they did not list the proportion of...
  15. T

Durso Caps at Meeting

I posted this in a thread in the DIY forum and thought I would put it out here also to offer up my services. I will be bringing my drill and tap to the meeting. If anyone has a cap for a Durso that you would like "1/8" National Pipe Threads" put in so you can screw a John Guest fitting in, I...