Connecting Aquacontroller III to Computer

ToddLaCo

Premium Member
I am going to install my new controller this weekend and am not sure if I will be able to run a cord from my fish room to the office with the computer.

What are my wireless options for connecting this? I have a wireless router, what will I need on the controller end to connect wireless to my router?

Also, what is the best software for someone who is not a complete computer geek to use in conjuction with an Aquacontroller III?

Thanks

Todd, I'd suggest the linksys wireless game adapter (cheapest I could find it was here.)

If you can find _just_ an access point, you can usually set them to 'bridge' mode and connect to an existing access point or router.

I've never tried any of the aquarium software, so I don't know how well any of them integrate with the AC3.

That looks good Scott. A little more than I was hoping to spend for this item, but then what isn't expensive in this hobby?

I am sure I will have many more questions when I get the AC3 hooked up and try to see it on the computer. The instructions look very basic and not much detail.

I just used iexplore to view the code and modify. I am a engineer but the commands are straightforward.

Dave,
I've been thinking about doing the access point thing too, but since I can hardwire it at the moment with long cable, I haven't done so. Could you find/provide a link (or part #,cost,etc) to the item you got since it appears to work for you. I want to read about and see if it will work with my existing and upcoming routers.
Thanks,

Doug

Dave,

wow..thanks. I appreciate the extra links to the stuff and I'd been thinking about the buffalo wireless dual band router anyway, so I'm sure the access point would work well with it. Thanks for the information and I think that is probably the way I want to go too...

Doug