Recent content by LuHockey2

1. L

EVERYTHING SOLD!! - Complete 90G Setup + Livestock For Sale

Possibly interested in tank and gear. Could you text me more pics?
  2. L

120G Tank, Stand, Canopy, Sump LED lights

Where are you located? Are the pictures posted an accurate depiction of the tank’s current condition. Only asking because the pics were posted almost 5 months ago.
  3. L

Number of T5 bulbs needed

I have a 48x24x24 120 that I am trying to decide how many bulbs I need. The lights will be approx. 9 inches from the water surface. I have had 4 x 110 for 440watts from VHO's in the past that has done good. Just trying to figure how many T5's I need to get the same lighting. Thanks, Brian
  4. L

Problem with T5's not staying on...

I have 4 48" T5 bulbs. When I plug everything together only two bulbs come on, and they only stay on for about 1 second, then turnoff. The other two do not come on at all. I have switched the bulbs around, and the same thing happens no matter the bulbs. I have looked for obvious loose wires...
  5. L

Replacing Lighting, have questions....

I have dinosaur VHO's in my 120 currently. The tank is 4'x2' & 2"tall(water depth). I currently have 4 x 110W 48" VHO bulbs running. I am finally going to upgrade to something that gives off less heat. I plan to replace those lights with one LED fixture that is 64 x 3W and then run either 2...
  6. L

Switching VHO's to T5's, how many bulbs?

I currently have 4 48" VHO(440 total watts) bulbs over my 4 x 2 120gal. Question I have is how many T5 bulbs do I need to keep the same amount of light? Thanks, Brian
  7. L

Want to upgrade, have questions

I want to upgrade after 8 years of VHO's, and I have not really paid attention to lighting advances other than the names and basic pros/cons. Currently I have 4 48" 110w bulbs, 2 white & 2 actinic. My tank is 24" wide, 48" long, water depth is 20". My hood is 11" from top of water to lid, so...
  8. L

Cleaning sand & have a question

I have done this once before and it was very easy, but this time my sand was in coolers for almost 4 months. Obviously it is very nasty and stinks. If I get it cleaned out good is it still ok to use? The last time the sand wasnt nearly as dirty and I wasnt worried about using it. Thanks, Brian
  9. L

Cleaning empty tank questions

I am cleaning my emty tank after moving. The tanks has been empty and dry for 4 months. I have scraped the glass clean but I am wondering about the dried/dead coraline on the overflow, sump, and equipment. Will it hurt the tank if it is not removed before I restart the tank or is it just a...
  10. L

Tank moving question

I am setting up a tank at my parents' house while my new house is being built to house what is in my current tank. I have a couple questions about what would be the best way to handle a couple aspects of this process. 1) The new tank has sand that I have cleaned very well, but obviously is not...
  11. L

Glass drilling

I am looking for someone that drills glass. I have seen the DIY links on how, but dont have the time and if I mess it up I will have a new set of problems. If anyone does this or knows someone that does let me know. Thanks, Brian
  12. L

Rinsing sand

I am going to attempt to rinse and reuse some sand from my tank. I have never tried this before, what is the best way to go about rinsing it? Thanks, Brian
  13. L

Zebra eel substrate question

I am setting up a temporary tank for about 4 months while my house is finished. I wanted to do bare bottom to make it easier and cheaper. I have read that they need at least a 2" sand bottom, but also read where people keep eels in a BB tank. Does anyone have any experience/opinions? Thanks, Brian
  14. L

Purple Tip Sebae

My nem has recently shrunk and turned white. I know the white color means it can no longer feed itself. How often should I feed it? I haven't had to feed im the past. Also, any ideas what caused this and what I can do to get it back to being happy? My parameters are good and I do regular water...
  15. L

Lighting not staying on......

I have a VHO set up with an icecap 660, the lights over the past few days wont stay on consistentyly. I can unplug the lights and re-plug them into another slot in the power strip, they come back on for a few minutes then they turn off again. I can repeat this as many times as I want. Does...