Recent content by Carabelli

1. C

Long term member needing help

Hi all - it has been a while since I have been on the boards - long time reefer/member since 2001 ... I readily admit I have a bit of an obsession with saltwater aquariums, and in particular the build-out side of things ... I recently left my previous dental office to open my own, and, I need to...
  2. C

ATI 5' SunPower with 6x80 watt t5's with 6 NanoBox LED pucks and blue fish mini

This is the standard ATI SunPower five foot fixture ... Two of the T5 bulbs were replaced with six NanoBox LED pucks and an integrated BlueFish Mini controller was built in to control the LEDs So U have 6x80 watt T5 bulbs (4 on one cord and 2 on the other cord), stock ATI fans on ATI power...
  3. C

ATI Sunpower 6x54 watt with 6 NanoBox LED pucks with bluefish mini - $900

This is a great light that is just too much for me ... it is an ATI Sunpower with 6x54 t5 bulbs and six NanoBox LED pucks controlled by an integrated bluefish mini controller ... asking 900??I am in Canton, but I can meet in Dallas with a PayPal deposit?
  4. C

which dry food do you like?

I am looking to supplement my tank's diet with an auto feeder ... I have a mixed system with fish ranging from wrasses, yellow tangs, fire fish, chromis and clown fish - which pellet food do you like?
  5. C

Where to buy magnets for door mounts

I am looking to purchase magnets I can countersink in removable panels for a stand I am working on ... Does anyone know where I can purchase the magnets and matching metal plates?
  6. C

Hooking batteries in parallel

I have historically used deep cycle marine batteries as a back-up power source for my vortechs ... I prefer them over the stock battery back-up as they provide longer power back-up ... since I live out in the boonies, I did with frequent power outages so I am a little paranoid about this aspect...
  7. C

overflow calculations

I am working on a custom tank design ... are there any rules that tell how much flow an internal overflow can handle ... corner version ... I am planning on 2 1" bulkheads with the Herbie system ... in other words, 8" of overflow linear length equals how many gallons per hour?
  8. C

Interceptor needed

Well my reef is being hammered by red bugs ... I am hopeful to find one large dog size of interceptor so I can treat ASAP ... I will pay u to overnight it and make it worth your time ... Just trying to stop the carnage
  9. C

AI Prime Review

I recently upgraded the lighting over my nano from the original blue Kessil 150 to the AI prime ... I ordered the prime through Premium Aquatics ... packaging was great ... I did the tank mount and everything arrived in perfect condition ... the build quality is excellent and very fashionable...
  10. C

Are Mexican turbo snails

I am dealing with cotton candy algae in one display ... I have have read Mexican turbo snails are good options for this ..., I have purchased astress ... Are these different animals? I usually like to order snails thru reeftopia or kp aquatics and they don't list Mexican turbo snails Thanks
  11. C

Halide bulb selection help

Hi guys and gals ... in the market for a 15K-20K double ended halide bulb ... looking for good growth but better colors with sps growth ... I was looking at the ushio 20K but, I wanted to get some input from everyone - thanks.
  12. C

Ready to go to biopellets

I am getting ready to add biopellets to my system ... looking at one of the re-circulating octopus reactors with the Reef Interests all in one ... total water volume is 100 gallons ... a few questions I run my alk around 9 ... should I lower that in case I see a bump in the alkalinity? what...
  13. C

MP40 shields

Many of you might not deal with this situation, but, I thought I would share ... I like to run my vortech mp40s close to the water surface ... two reasons ... 1. my tank is fairly shallow so I need to run it higher in order to create good undertow 2. in case of a power outage, I like for my...
  14. C

Anyone use the DC powered Octopus return pumps?

I am adding a third tank to my setup and I would like to consolidate my returns pumps from two to one ... I currently use Sicce submersible, but, the Octopus DC pumps have some really nice features ... great flow, very low power consumption and I can dial the flow in as needed ... the warranty...
  15. C

Need a sand container for a wrasse - idea?

I would like to add a sand container to provide a sleeping spot for my wrasse ... the tank is barebottom but I have heard of tanks setup with containers of sand for wrasses to hide in ... I don't love the concept of a Tupperware container in my tank, but, I am struggling to find a better option...