AI Prime Review

Carabelli

Membership Expired
I recently upgraded the lighting over my nano from the original blue Kessil 150 to the AI prime ... I ordered the prime through Premium Aquatics ... packaging was great ... I did the tank mount and everything arrived in perfect condition ... the build quality is excellent and very fashionable ... controls are easy to use ... great colors and a ton of light ... I am very happy with this and at the price point, it is an amazing product

Any par readings from it yet? I'm thinking about replacing my kessil also. I like the wifi controller and I will be getting two of them over my 58g.

AquaIllumination has posted the PAR numbers on their website and facebook page. Just fyi. BTW...I also have a new Prime and so far I love it.

We put a prime over one of our display tanks beside another display with an xr15pro. The two both look pretty similar with the exception of the xr15 only running at about 45% and the prime running nearly 100%. Personally, I think it's about time that a maker finally made a light that we don't have to overpay for the led power we can't use. We've sold nearly 30 primes since launch which is much better than any other AI release to date.

i have seen these lights and they are pretty nice. says they cover a 30x30 area and read 290 PAR at 12 inch depth. for the price, im tempted to try them out..but i'm pretty sure the penetration wouldn't be deep enough for my tank that is about 20inches deep. anyone think it would be a bad idea to try this out? i dont do any SPS at the moment and have mostly softies and zoa. what do yall think?