Anyone use the DC powered Octopus return pumps?

Carabelli

Membership Expired
I am adding a third tank to my setup and I would like to consolidate my returns pumps from two to one ... I currently use Sicce submersible, but, the Octopus DC pumps have some really nice features ... great flow, very low power consumption and I can dial the flow in as needed ... the warranty is very solid also ... does anyone have any experience with these?

I'm using a ReefOctopus DC5500 as my auxiliary pump (skimmer,reactors etc...) and it works great. Using a Jebao DC12000 for my return. They're pretty much the same pumps, other than the flow rates of course. Both have 6 different speed settings, feed mode button, slow ramp restart, very quiet, use very little electricity and add very little heat to the water column.

what size plumbing did you use for your intake? I am leaning towards a 1" bulkheads and strainer off of my sump, but I saw it is an 1.25" input size on the pump ...

Both of mine are submerged in the sump and have strainers installed. Using 1" spa flex for the return.

interesting, for some reason I thought these were external only? in sump would be amazingly easy and much better for me

is this the pump you use?
http://www.marinedepot.com/ps_ViewItem.aspx?idproduct=CV25153&idCartRow=59827512&isKit=0&child=CV25154