Recent content by 20nascar

1. 2

Protien Skimmer guidance (and rant)

The past month I have put quite a bit of money and time into my tank. I am not going to list everything but it was needed and/or wanted. Before I started all of this I saw that my Bullet 3 was leaking at the base. I noticed today that there are a lot of micro bubbles in my display. I think they...
  2. 2

Oceans Motions 4way

I am confused. Does anyone have an Oceans Motions 4 way on a Barracuda pump? The reason I ask, is I just had a dart go out and the only replacement I could find quickly and locally was a step up to the Barracuda. Cool, no sweat...more flow. I have it plumbed in but when I open the ball valve...
  3. 2

Calcium Reactor question

I assume that the recirculation pump stays on at all time and the feed pump only comes on when the CO2 is on? Is that correct?
  4. 2

AC3 Controller program ?

I know at one time Ashlar posted the program he was using for his AC3. Does anyone remember where that is? I am FINALLY hooking mine up and would like to have some insight on what other people are doing versus starting completely from scratch. Also do you need a crossover cable to connect it to...
  5. 2

DE Metal Halide

Hello everyone... I am looking for the best place to get Double ended Metal Halide bulbs but here's the catch. I have 2 250w and 1 400w. The last time I ordered them from Hamilton and got 10Ks which were way too yellow for me so I returned them to get 14Ks which looked great. I though maybe...
  6. 2

Bullet 3 skimmer

Hey all I have a Bullet 3 Precision Marine protien skimmer and my problem is whenever I clean the collection cup and do a water change; when I restart the skimmer it always wet skims overflowing the top cup and filling the satellite collection cup causing me to need to empty it in just a few...
  7. 2

a first for me

I was looking at my tank today and notice my SRBTA was very deflated. I thought this was very unusual because he has been in the same spot since putting him in the tank and has grown huge. Fully opened he is pushing 18" across. I was not too concerened but wondered what had happened to tick him...
  8. 2

Best place to buy Carbon?

What is the best place to buy Carbon and in your opinions which carbon do you prefer?
  9. 2

refugium lighting

I have a 100 gallon sump/fuge. I figured it up and about 65 gallons of it refugium after the dividers. I have a 196W PC fixture with daylight bulbs. When I first got it I ran both bulbs (they have separate switches) but about two months ago turned one off. I would just like your thoughts on...
  10. 2

Pod ?

So I used to have tons of pods in my tank. I could look almost anywhere and see them crawling around. I picked up a Mandarin and now I can't seen to locate any. My fuge is still crawling with tins of them in all sizes so I don't think I need to worry about him starving. What do y'all think? I...
  11. 2

Monti question

I have a piece of purple monti that I got at the frag swap a few months ago. It is growing which keeps me happy. My question though it this. Is there different types of monti? Is there one that encrusts and just covers the rock it is on and one that creates the shelf like growth. If there are 2...
  12. 2

Magnificent Foxface

I got one of my favorite fish and Magnificent Foxface! :D He hid for quite a while (my cat would jump on the ledge of my stand and scare the detrius out of him) and after almost 2 weeks he is now hanging out in the open quite a bit more. Enough to notice he is picking on my zoos GRRR :x (I...
  13. 2

Icecap MH ballast help

I have a brand new (less than 1 week old) Hamilton 10k DE bulb. I came home Friday night to find out that it was not on. I have no idea what the problem is. It was working since Sunday when I hooked it up. I actually have 2 ballasts and neither one of them are lighting the bulb so I find it hard...
  14. 2

neminator!

I came home from California last week and to my surprise/horror my blue carpet nem had claimed its second victim...a STARFISH :shock: of all things? I never even considered that it would get a starfish! Has anyone else ever lost a starfish to a nem?
  15. 2

Hamilton Halide bulbs

I was California on business last week. While there I went to the Hamilton Lighting home office and picked up new DE bulbs for my tank. I had been running the 250w bulbs that I received with the fixtures and had not even had the 400w going because I didn't have a bulb...anyway my question is...