DE Metal Halide

Hello everyone...

I am looking for the best place to get Double ended Metal Halide bulbs but here's the catch. I have 2 250w and 1 400w. The last time I ordered them from Hamilton and got 10Ks which were way too yellow for me so I returned them to get 14Ks which looked great. I though maybe 12Ks might put a little more growth on the SPS I have (shrug) but cannot locate a 400W DE in a 12K. Does anyone know if that spectrum exists or any other ideas/manufacturers in which I haven't thought. I have only ever dealt with Hamilton personally.

Thanx y'all. :D

I believe Reeflux makes DE 12K in both 250W & 400W.

Check with MBZ/Mark & gmax/Gary. They can probably tell you where to get them.

Good luck,
Art

mbz runs se 400 watt 12k reeflux but they do make de 400 watt reeflux 12k

you might try the new aquamaxx bulbs marine depot has them on sale till the end of the month..from what everyone says on rc that bought them is that they are alittle bluer than 12k reeflux with better par

12k reeflux bulbs on 400 watts is a good choice very good review on sanjay website. in regards to 250 watt 12k reeflux the par results are not that good.

For 250 de i would go phoenix

the ballast you run with the bulbs will change the colorization of the bulbs. As some ballast overdrive the bulbs while an icecap ballast stays true to its wattage...

Sanjay's test results do not include any reflector. I have 250W reeflux 12ks and get more PAR than I need. I have lumen max reflectors and the PAR varies from 1200 down to 400 (quite high for 250W bulbs 18" off the water....)

@kuyatwo wrote:

I've seen better results with my Phoenix 14k bulbs than I did with the Reeflux 12k bulbs. The color is much better also. I saw the best results with the AB 10k bulbs but I didn't like the color.

@Opus wrote:
I've seen better results with my Phoenix 14k bulbs than I did with the Reeflux 12k bulbs. The color is much better also. said:
I also have heard and seen the Phoenix Bulbs. These bulbs are great. Most people i have seen run these without actinics and these look very nice. Gives you good color as well. If i had a HQI setup i would go with these hands down. I would also ask if anyone has old bulbs around so you try them out before spending money in them.

Phoenix bulbs are great. I've run the 250 and 150 versions. They are basically a 20k bulb (visually) with the PAR of a 10k-12k.

Giesemann MegaChrome Coral 14.5K 250 Watt Double Ended Metal Halide Lamp.
Great bulb with high par. The bad part is the price :sad:
http://www.aquariumspecialty.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=28_59_264&products_id=1387