refugium lighting

I have a 100 gallon sump/fuge. I figured it up and about 65 gallons of it refugium after the dividers. I have a 196W PC fixture with daylight bulbs. When I first got it I ran both bulbs (they have separate switches) but about two months ago turned one off.

I would just like your thoughts on this.

Is 98 watts of daylight PC lighting enough ar should I turn both back on? Pros and cons to either?

Thanx y'all. :)

if you dont have any type of coral grow out, i would say one bulb is plenty..you dont need alot of light down there, thats why many choose to just use those cheapy home depot spots

i agree on a little light because i have alot of light on my fuge before and it was hard to keep up and grew more types of alge than i wanted. :shock:

I had a couple of frags I recently got in my fuge that started bleaching 3. Im sure if I kept it running longer Id start to get hair algae in there. I had a 4x96 watt PC quad. I'll be sticking with a 2x65. I would be on the lookout for any bleaching.

Or if you can raise the light further above the fuge, Ive read that as one solution on reefcentral.com