Oceans Motions 4way

I am confused. Does anyone have an Oceans Motions 4 way on a Barracuda pump?

The reason I ask, is I just had a dart go out and the only replacement I could find quickly and locally was a step up to the Barracuda. Cool, no sweat...more flow. I have it plumbed in but when I open the ball valve all the way the ocean motion will not turn. It just sits there and tries to turn (I can hear the water hammer noise loud and clear.) I can decrease the flow to a certain point and it works fine minus a little water hammer noise. I was a dumb a$$ when I plumbed this thing in and it is a real pain to get to to clean so I am used to the hammer noise, I would have liked to been able to utilize the increased flow though. I was just wondering if anyone else had experienced anything like this.

I do, I do, I do, I do.

I have a ball valve open all the way on the intake. Then on each of the outlets I have them each turned down a little. I have never had any of the water hammer issues. I got a little noise and stoppage when I first set up tank and got a little sand in the drum area. Just had to clean it out.

What version drum do you have? I have the version drum #3 which has two outlets on at a time. I think some of the drums have more of an issue with increased flow. My suggestion is to go to:
http://www.oceansmotions.com/forum/index.php and ask Paul. He is the owner and is more than grateful to help.

I have an OM 4way bought it new almost a year and half ago, never got aroudn to pumbing it in...that's on the project list though. :lol: