JenkinsCrew 110 Gallon Oceanic Mixed Reef Build

Well looks like tank is cycled! No more ammonia and no more nitrite. Looks like nitrate is sitting at about 8 or so. Time to add some fish!

3d3be98e0d6c101e94e86d4ae428f30d.jpg
alt="">

Got some fish and they are loving the tank and already swimming all over.Got 2 bangai cardinals, 3 blue green chromis and 2 yellowtail damsels.Not going to add coral for a bit until the reactors come in and can dial in dosing and all parameters.A few pics of the new inhabitants. :)
53088383a511d598e0fb8df73ebeb98e.jpg
alt="" />
54917e903abb41a8fb9c4f009b8b2fcf.jpg
alt="" />
6018b2d7278740802ee0eca700911b0a.jpg
alt="" />

Got my carbon reactor installed and running! Hooked it up to my manifold. Guess we'll see how things look in a day or two.

91d68ac10e078eb038a26a05b7d89767.jpg
alt="">

Starting to get diatoms everywhere and glass algae so time to add a little clean up crew to get started. About 17 total snails and hermits all together. Will be adding more in the near future.

6683908ab01798589e9390b4ab1dfef3.jpg
alt="">

You better hire an army of tiny assassins to get those damn damsels out :) haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol...yeah had to split them up. One was chasing the other around. Guess I should have just got one!

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

I kept African Cichlids for years so between convicts and yellow labs I Had lots of experience catching aggressive fish.

In 15 years I have NEVER been able to catch a dang Damsel.

That's ok. I bought a diamond watchman goby and haven't seen him but once since I put him in there

I should have just stuffed a $20 in each overflow and called it a day

Lol too funny...I guess we all hope all our fish will just parade around in our tanks...just doesn't always seem to go as hoped.

Thanks! I know I can't wait but know I need to take it slow to make sure everything is good and stays stable. I am thinking I should be good to add some in about a month.

So I am about to get my biopellet reactor going soon but wondering if my skimmer, Bubble-Magus Curve 5, is going to be adequate. I only have small fish and and small cuc and feed once a day. In the future I plan to have allot more fish and coral and feed twice a day. This is a pic of my cup for about 3 days. Does it look like it is doing an ok job? Maybe I dont have tuned correct either. I usuall have it bubbling right in the middle of the top of the cup neck. Any thoughts? Should I get a better skimmer?

6516eef69d315413e3073afd89345b58.jpg
alt="">

To me, that looks to be over skimming a bit unless you are pulling something out other than regular fish waste. I usually set mine to bubble at the bottom of the cup and I end up with a much darker skim. I tried running my biopellet reactor early on and there wasn't enough of a bio load to feed it, so it fed my tank with bio blooms instead. My water was constantly cloudy. I can even remember a few days that it was so cloudy, you couldn't see any of the rocks in the tank! My fish all survived it and all the tank params (that we monitor) looked fine. I finally pulled it offline once I got the nasty bacterial slime. It was so bad that none of my float valves would work! I am guessing that you measure zero nitrates and phosphates right now? If that is true, then I would hold off on the biopellets. I just put mine back online a week or so ago and all is well in my tank. You can try it, but if you battle cloudy water, I would pull it.

Ok cool I will adjust the skimmer down a bit and see what that does. Just a few nitrates and no phosphates so I might hold off a bit to start it up. I will just get the lines run and ready for now and watch my levels. Maybe wait till nitrates are around 10 to start? Thanks for input Eric!

Tank build looks great !!!

I just started my 100g back up this weekend so the cleaning has begun -_-

It was getting dark yesterday by the time I got tank to my garage so I had to work fast overnight to get her clean and in the house on a temporary stand so I can reach in and work more easily.

I will start a buildout thread and link it here.

NOTE: I will be taking notes from your build as its one of the favorite builds I have seen !