Search results

1. D

Pineapple in my Paly?

Is this really a pineapple in my paly? I have them under the rocks, none on top of the rocks until this?? Should I just get a pair to tweezers and take it off? Do I need to dip the paly in anything? Anyway to reduce these guys in my tank? I obviously have a problem with them...
  2. D

SPS question

"Fishin" gave this sps to me at the frag swap as a freebie. Wasn't really going to do sps, but it was free. :-) I don't know what kind it is, or know enough about sps to know if it's doing okay?
  3. D

Leather question

I got this leather, I guess about 3 weeks ago? I moved it to the sand about a week ago because he just didn't look happy. My question is, this is the best he has looked in 3 weeks, do the polyps extend more than this? It seems like when I bought him I seen a picture where they were really...
  4. D

Any idea what this is?

I have about four or five of them growing underneath one of my rock in a cave type overhang? Sorry, with where they are at these pictures were the best I could do.
  5. D

I seem to be full of questions today..

So my frogspawn looks more inflated than normal, when I first glanced at it I thought it was looking great, but when I got closer I noticed this bubble over his mouth??? I googled it first and got it is either dying or splitting??? Anyone have any experience with this? It certainly doesn't...
  6. D

Plate Coral question

So after listening to Tony talk about plate corals, it got me to doing a lot of research on the topic, Even more than I did when I purchased it about a month ago, I have a short polyp orange plate. I have it sitting on sand in a medium flow area, It has the prettiest colors to it, a bright...
  7. D

I just love my duncan

Ok, I posted this is "New to the Hobby" because I'm sure all the experienced members out there have already seen this, but it was my first time. The duncan is by far my favorite coral. When I look at the tank, that is what I see, when I pull out my camera that is the first photo...
  8. D

RBTA question

So we brought her home on Tuesday. She was already attached to a rock so I just placed her on top of another HUGE rock that I was HOPING she would attach to. She seemed pretty happy Tuesday night. She moved about two inches and wedged herself between the rock she came on and the rock I put...
  9. D

What is this??

Two questions... Can anyone tell me what this is coating this rock for one, is it something I need to get rid of, and two, what is this little round thing hanging out on it?
  10. D

Hermit Crab question

Does anyone know what type of hermit crab this is and if they eat Zoas? I'm having a hard time keeping him off a zoa frag I just got.
  11. D

Zoa question

Can anyone tell me what type of Zoa this is, and is that a new polyp in the center?
  12. D

Coral Question

So think back to when you started your very first reef tank, I know for some of you that was a very long time ago... :-) But, what was your favorite coral that you started with and why? What corals did you put in that later you said.. man I wish I wouldn't have done that and why? Just trying...
  13. D

Coral types and placement

I realize I am no where near ready for corals, just doing some research and planning ahead of time. :-) Every coral I read up on says leave space around it, but how much space? I will be using just frags as a beginner I'm not looking to buy anything too expensive, so how do I know how much...
  14. D

My very first Saltwater 100g tank

So here is the setup... the lights arent staying... I'm going to change them out this weekend.
  15. D

Debating on a chiller

So do you think I'll need a chiller? I haven't really thought about it until I was looking at some builds late last night. It's a 100g tank. It is on an outside wall because honestly it's the ONLY place in my house it will fit. I do have 90% uv blocking screens and wood blinds that are always...
  16. D

Real Reef Rock

Starting up my first saltwater tank, or at least in the planning stages of it. There seems to be alot of debate about the Real Reef Rock. They are either 100% for it or 100% against it. I have to be honest, I REALLY like that the product is eco friendly, but I also want to make sure I'm doing...
  17. D

Lighting... where to start

Good Morning all! I am brand new to saltwater and am excited to join the group and attend some events. Seems I have ALOT to learn. :-) My husband and I have alot of experience with fresh water tanks and saltwater pools, but this is a first. So I have the tank all picked out and set up and am now...