Hermit Crab question

Dewana

Membership Expired
Does anyone know what type of hermit crab this is and if they eat Zoas? I'm having a hard time keeping him off a zoa frag I just got.

Reef safe I have lots of them. He maybe picking algae off the zoas. Mine climb on my zoas from time to time and pick at the algae between polyps.

Sent from inside the shark tank!

You're fine. Looks like your standard hermit. He's probably just eating algea on the frag plug. Is he walking on the zoas?

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk.

Walking all over it. I will move it to another part of the tank and within mintues he is right back here. The zoa is really not happy with him. But as long as he isn't eating it, I guess I'll just let him until he is done doing what he is after.

@Dewana wrote:
Walking all over it. I will move it to another part of the tank and within mintues he is right back here. The zoa is really not happy with him. But as long as he isn't eating it said:
your maternal protective instincts are kicking in...lol

@Mike R wrote:
[I]@Dewana wrote:[/I][quote="Walking all over it. I will move it to another part of the tank and within mintues he is right back here. The zoa is really not happy with him. But as long as he isn't eating it said:
your maternal protective instincts are kicking in...lol"]

Haha. Yeah he is perfectly reef safe. He'll eat all the algae on the plug and move on. It may tick the zoas off but it likely won't cause any damage. My emerald grabs climb on my zoas and on my torch coral and eat all the goodies in between the polyps all the time, doesn't make the coral happy, but it doesn't hurt them either.