I just love my duncan

Dewana

Membership Expired
Ok, I posted this is "New to the Hobby" because I'm sure all the experienced members out there have already seen this, but it was my first time. The duncan is by far my favorite coral. When I look at the tank, that is what I see, when I pull out my camera that is the first photo taken...always. So tonight I walked by the tank and I seen a snail sitting on top of MY little guy! I thought what is he doing to my duncan!! Then taking a closer look, I realized my duncan was trying to eat the snail!! He had his mouth tightly attached to the snail! Mike had to go in an get him off. So would duncan have eaten the shell and all?? Or just sucked out the snail and left the shell?? I didn't want to leave him there to find out. [smilie=shake.gif]

I posted a pic a few weeks back where my duncan had sucked in a snail. Pretty sure it digested the snail and spit the shell out.

Yes I remember seeing that now! I caught it early enough to get him off. So he took in the whole shell ate what he wanted, and they discarded the rest? That is just amazing to think of coral doing that.