Search results

1. E

Spectrum treatment for Red Bugs

Hey All, So on Tuesday night I came home and as always look at my tank. Well I recently moved my SPS frag rack to the front pane of my tank for a bit more light and flow as the frags... although alive with polyp extension... weren't encrusting as fast as they should. So I noticed a small frag...
  2. E

Alk Cal mag levels when using bio pellets

I wanted to see what poeples levels are when running Biopellets. Currently my levels are Alk is at 10.30 with Hanna and 10.40 with redsea Cal is at 530 with redsea (a little on the high side for my liking) Mag is at 1450 with redsea Phosphates are at .04 with hanna (this with me feeding like...
  3. E

Cheap Bluetooth plugs

I have used a different model of these in my house and paid double the cost but the ones I use are wifi so I do get to control them away from home. These look to still have the automation feature of setting timers to them. You maybe able to use them for your lights or around the house...
  4. E

Warning about using water that fish come in

I was at DNA yesterday and started talking with the owner about the tanks and how they treat the fish. He informed me they keep salinity around 1.020 as well as always running .02 copper in all fish only tanks. This is another reason not to use the water your items come in. Sent from pay phone...
  5. E

Help ID what this is on a frog spawn

To me it looks like feather dusters in the shape of a hand graving for things. I bought these as last chance to save them from DNA but want to make sure this is normal and not something bad. YouTube link below http://youtu.be/yYXbJ3MdR7g Sent from pay phone in the airport.
  6. E

Barry's Rimless build log 48x26x20

First I am going to start with my rock that I just bought and hope it makes it in one piece. This is all the same rock just different angles and is 21" x 14" x 13" tall.
  7. E

Anyone using TLF AcroPower?

Never heard of it but I do dose amino acids after water change. Sent from inside the shark tank!
  8. E

What are these?

I have a few snails that Ive noticed that have these baby snails on them. Are they babies or are they a different type of snail? Do I need to worry about them? ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374283427.919446.jpg Sent from inside the shark tank!
  9. E

Skimmer selection low water level

I need help on which skimmer to go with. Right now im using a SRO-2000 and have been thinking its time for an upgrade just dosent seem to pull out as much as I like to see. Below is what My maxes are. Max height is 23" length max is 12.5 with is 9.5 max. Water level in my sump is 8.5". Is there...
  10. E

Help feeding algae for Vacation

I am having issues with both of my foxfaces, not being able to pick algae off the clip I have. I have always used this clip with some plastic material to hold algae in place. When I had angelfish there was no issues with them slowly picking it clean. Now the foxfaces with bigger mouths cant seem...
  11. E

Lightning using meanwell 60-48D drivers

So, I have just figured out lightning with the meanwell 60-48d drivers. The key to these drivers being able to do lightning, is only at night with all lights off. With all lights off I have a power supply on one plug running all the power to my drivers. Here is where the lighting works. Once you...
  12. E

105 gallon upgrade to sand less bottom

Here is a pic of the tank bottom and back painted black. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362535398.169788.jpg Here is a pic of the stand.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362535423.273182.jpg Sent from inside the shark tank!
  13. E

Eckolancer led builds

Here is a few pics of my first retro fitted into a 48" PC lighting hood. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359238962.497275.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359238973.316398.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1359238982.232623.jpg Sent from inside the shark tank!
  14. E

Led driver

Anyone know the amp draw on led drivers? Eln60-48d Sent from inside the shark tank!
  15. E

Advice on out of tank skimmer

I have a very small area in my sump to work with for a skimmer. I would like to get some more space in there by placing sump outside of the sump. Right now I have a HOB corallife 125 it has worked great but I think it is time to upgrade to a better skimmer now. I have heard great things about...
  16. E

Name these polys

First ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355718776.281584.jpg Second ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355718797.212589.jpg Third ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355718818.430434.jpg Sent from inside the shark tank!
  17. E

Post your INTERESTING hitchhikers

I wish I had a pic of a green banded goby I got with some live rock in my old tank. He had a lot of attitude but after about a year in my tank he just disappeared. I am not sure if he left with a piece of live rock that I sold, if he died, or if he was eaten by on of the star fish, or maybe...
  18. E

Amount of live rock needed in sump/tank

Wanted to ask everyones opinion on how much live rock is needed for a tank that is going to be mostly sps and zoas with a few lps frags. I have always kept a softies with anenome type tank. Which I always used about 1.5 lbs per gallon in DT. With all of my tanks I've never had a sump. Now with...
  19. E

Acro help

Yesterday I woke up and one of my big acros that I have bleached out over night with only the base still looking ok. Then this morning another acro I have same thing. I have a few other types o acros and sps that seem to be doing fine. Ive also noticed two of my zoa frags are not opening up...
  20. E

Help with plumbing

Anyone on here a plumber? Started replacing my kitchen faucet today. I have gotten the old one out. But the issue started when putting the new one in. I trie to move the copper pipe into place for the new one but it got a kink in it. That is where My skill for plumping sucks. Not sure why they...