Post your INTERESTING hitchhikers

Eckolancer

Membership Expired
I wish I had a pic of a green banded goby I got with some live rock in my old tank. He had a lot of attitude but after about a year in my tank he just disappeared. I am not sure if he left with a piece of live rock that I sold, if he died, or if he was eaten by on of the star fish, or maybe another fish. Although he was very fast and small so I think he may have made his way to another fish tank.

I ended up with looks like some type of mussel (will add photo from my phone in a min). I think your urchin may be a rock boring one. I ended up with one just like it. I have had him over a year with no problems; however, if you upset him he may spawn and that cloud your tank. Not sure what it does to your parameters. Luckily I was cleaning when he decided to do it and just siphoned it out as it happened

utupata4.jpg
alt="">

Mitch

A giant pitch black shelless strombus type snail. Larger than a quarter and noctural. I have never gotten a reasonable photo of him. Scared me the first time I saw it. Thought it was eating my corals. :p
Black and noctual. Not the best photos.
QH5fR.jpg
alt="">

That's an elephant snail. Great algae grazer and he won't bother your corals. Anyone who has bought corals from me could have gotten them as hitchikers. I've got a bazillion of them in my tanks.

I ended up with 2 of these little swimming crabs at 2 different times. They both came in maiden's hair algae that I bought. The first one I didn't know I had for weeks until I was feeding & saw the algae part & it peered out. They don't live without the algae, and I couldn't keep the algae alive.
alt="">
alt="">

I also had this anemone shrimp that lived in my galaxea that I didn't know was there for months until one day I saw it move. Its spots, especially its eyeballs, matched the galaxea tips. I have a pic somewhere of it among the polyps, but don't know where it is & it would just look like the galaxea anyway LOL.
alt="">

Until about 6 months ago I had this cave rock covered with hammer coral. When I went to remove the euphylia colonies, I discovered that this sponge had grown under them. I thought at the time that the sponge would likely go away with it being more in the light, but it has not decreased in size at all.

[attachment=0]orange sponge.JPG[/attachment]

David

Just found a new one today took me a while to identify it. A purple porcelain crab.

Here is a pic in a sandwich bag that I put him in till I identified him.
[attachment=0]ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355364748.600836.jpg[/attachment]

Sent from inside the shark tank!