Help feeding algae for Vacation

Eckolancer

Membership Expired
I am having issues with both of my foxfaces, not being able to pick algae off the clip I have. I have always used this clip with some plastic material to hold algae in place. When I had angelfish there was no issues with them slowly picking it clean. Now the foxfaces with bigger mouths cant seem to pick it clean. After like 3 days or so it starts to get white dots on it like eggs, mold, or something. That is when I take it put it at the bottom of the tank and let the crabs and star fish eat it over night. My issue is I am going on vacation for a 5 days and I know the foxfaces will have some hand fed algae before I leave, also they usually can pick at the clip for 2 days before leaving it alone. Anyone have a way to feed them while gone for 5days? I have a auto feeder that feed pellets 2 times a day this is fine for most of the fish in the tank and foxfaces eat a little bit of the pellets but not much.

Sent from inside the shark tank!

If they pick it clean over 2 - 3 days then you should be fine if you're only going to be gone for 5. Fish can generally go a few days without food no problem.

Have you tried adding a veggie blend flake to your autofeeder for them?

You could always ask if someone on the forums would be willing to stop by and feed for your while you are gone if you are comfortable with that. There are plenty of us in the area if you need help.

Created this thing it hold about 3 full sheets of algae 8x11 size. Take algae roll it up and slide in place. It has been lasting 3 days so far. With day one they eat it like crazy, day 2 pick at it slowly then day 3 pick if clean.[attachment=0]ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366453881.054734.jpg[/attachment]

It is we have them in our all in one fax copy print machines at work. There is an option to print and add ring binder.

@Eckolancer wrote:
It is we have them in our all in one fax copy print machines at work. There is an option to print and add ring binder. Sent from inside the shark tank! said:
Haha nice! Is it all plastic? I know the ones in the machine at our office are metal so I'd be worried about it rusting. If they make them in all plastic (haven't looked myself) I'll have to pick some up to make myself one.

Yea all plastic I will try and grab a few more and let you have one. Maybe I should market them lol

Gradually feed them less, if you are only leaving for a day on Vacation or so. Measuring it out sounds good, it's not that tough that a gf couldn't figure it out, just feed them a pinch every minute or two, that's what I told my gf when I left for a week and everyone survived.