Search results

1. D

Aquarium Stand Doors???

Anyone know of a good place locally (DFW) to buy individual cabinet doors? Building a nice custom oak stand for my Solana 34G and was surprised to find Lowes and Home Depot does not sell individual cabinet doors. Im closer to Fort Worth but but Dallas is fine to. Ive seen many I can buy online...
  2. D

Crocea Clams

So right now Im just running a 14 Gallon Biocube converted to LED (3 strips of trulumen... 1 White, 1 435nm Blue, 1 Combo blue and white). A friend is taking down his tank and has a 1.5" to 2" Blue crocea clam. I know they get big but I have a 34 Gallon Solana in the works and plan to have a...
  3. D

Strange Zoa ID

My best guess is this is something that's bleached. Got them from a guy I bought a tank from. No clue what they are. Im fearing it is something that's bleached but would like a second opinion.
  4. D

LED's and Wattage

So I am hesitantly about to step into the led world. Ive been checking out LEDS on ebay and have been eyeing these 120 watt or so setups. Ive always been partial to halides but the wife is fussing about the power bill. I have a 34 Gallon Solana I want to set up for mainly zoas but maybe a little...
  5. D

Can anyone ID this coral

Got this on a piece of live rock I bought with a purple xenia attached. Curious as to what it may be. Sorry for the blurry pic... Camera didn't want to cooperate.
  6. D

Oyster Shell cured for LR

Im fairly new to the hobby and wondering what some of ya'lls thoughts would be about curing large clusters of dry oyster shell in a fuge. My mother lives in southeast texas near port arthur and has a pile of oyster shells (was intended for the driveway but didnt get used) that has been sitting...
  7. D

Power Failure?

So this is my first dose of bad weather with my reef. With the winter storm coming in a few hours, Im thinking about going to home depot in the morning and buying a new generator just in case. With my litte bit of meteorology experience im really thinking its going to be bad for a few days...
  8. D

Can anyone ID this coral???

Picture doesnt do it justice. Its mostly brown in color with some teal green highlights. Very beautiful when open. Its a stony coral encrusting a rock. A piece came off that I saved and it does have a stony skeloton underneath it. It will also take small meaty shrimp. I noticed when feeding the...
  9. D

Anthias Spawning

I have had two pink anthias in my tank for quite a while. I have noticed lately one is becoming very fat and the other dancing strangely around her. I really think she is about to lay eggs any day now. What should I do?
  10. D

What is the best way to get rid of mojano naturally?

Got some really nice corals but covered in mojano. Got them quarentined at the moment. wondering is there anything i can buy that will eat them?
  11. D

Can anyone ID these clams?

Ok so Im fairly new to saltwater. My tank has been setup about a year and I have never noticed these clams attached to my rock were alive. I thought honestly they were just fossils. Till tonight, for the first time I saw one open up a bit and shut. So I got out my sea squirt and sure enough as I...
  12. D

What is this?

Bought some live rock and this came in on it. Didnt do much for a long while but is starting to look better every day. The pic does not show the color well. Its actually a little pinker than the picture. Any clue on what this is????
  13. D

Lighting? How Much?

I have been looking all over online for recomended wattage per gallon and get many different results. Currently I have a 55 gallon fish only with live rock. Im running a 2x64 pc thats a 30 inch light on a 48 inch long tank. I want to start adding corals. I have a 48" 8 bulb t-5 thats a total of...