Can anyone ID these clams?

Ok so Im fairly new to saltwater. My tank has been setup about a year and I have never noticed these clams attached to my rock were alive. I thought honestly they were just fossils. Till tonight, for the first time I saw one open up a bit and shut. So I got out my sea squirt and sure enough as I would get near them they would shut. only open maybe 1/16 of an inch. They are roughly nickel size and have a sort of a rippled shell at the opening like a scallop. Any ideas what they are and are they harmful or beneficial? They are circled in yellow.

I have several of those on my live rock as well, pretty cool huh? I personally have noticed no ill effects yet but I don't know what they are either. What is the name of that pink coral you have on the left? We recently bought one at a frag swap but I do not remember what it's called.

Michael

I honestly cant remeber the name of that zoa... I got it from a guy in south fort worth along with a few others. Others are doing great and spreading like wildfire but that one frag just doesnt do much. I love the clams now lol. They are so embedded in the rock its like living fossils. Very fascinating.

The embedded clams are fascinating indeed! I love mine. The pink zoa's we bought are really flourishing, I thought my GF was nuts for picking that one out but......was a good find.

Michael