Search results

1. E

Elos mg Test kit

Bought me a Elos magnesium test kit today and I cant seem to get a color change using Reagent D it just stays a violet green color, i've tried twice and both times got as high as 30 drops and nothing. maybe my mg is too low? This happen with anyone else here?
  2. E

Thin finger Leather Coral

I just received a large finger leather yesterday, it came attached to some rubble rock. Overnight its detached itself from the rock, is that normal? Or it just didn't like the position it was in? Should i just leave it be? Here are a couple pics.
  3. E

Nudibranch id?

was looking at my aquarium today and saw this little guy crawling around. Anyone know what type it is? good, bad, or just ugly? lol
  4. E

Leathers Touching

Recently my Toadstool decided it wanted to go sideways on me and its been touching my Yellow fiji leather for the past 3 days or so, Is it ok to leave them be for now or should I seperate them ASAP?
  5. E

ID on frogspawn

Got something growning on the branch of my frogspawn that im not sure what it is.
  6. E

R.I.P Yellow Watchman Goby

My Yellow Watchman Goby Died shes the one in my avatar. Found her on the ground all dried up today :cry: :cry: :cry: Had her for almost a year, not sure why she would decide to jump out all of a sudden :cry:
  7. E

Yellow Fiji Leather

Hi, I got my first Yellow Fiji Leather on Thursday and the next day it started to inflate and extend some of its polyps. Then after a while it would close up again, it did that a few times and now for the past 2 days it has stayed closed. I got it about halfway in the tank where it gets the...
  8. E

hawaiian feather duster

I bought a Feather duster and about a week in my tank one of my skunk cleaner shrimp started to mess with it and it dropped its crown a day later. I haven't seen the shrimp bother it since, but its been almost 2 months now and it has not grown another crown. I can see it in the tube and its...
  9. E

CandyCane?

Seems that my candy cane coral has a little crab living in it. What would be the best way to kick him out of there :P
  10. E

Skimmer Collection Cup Overflow

I have a 45 Gallon Reef with a 20 Gallon Sump with about 60lbs of live rock and I had just got done doing a 5 gallon water change and i meant to empty the skimmer collection cup before i turned the pumps back on but, i forgot to empty the cup :oops: I didn't notice until it was too late that...
  11. E

Snail ID

Hi :) I found a hitchhiker snail in my sump today not sure what kind it is. but it seems to love to hang out on the return pvc pipe out of the water.
  12. E

plumbing Help

Hi :) I have a few questions :) This will the first time I will be running plumbing for my tank and i'm Planning on using 1" PVC for the plumbing my question, will 1" be ok to use or would 3/4 do ok? And do I use the same size on everything? My tank is 45 Gallon and i'm using a 20 gallon Sump...
  13. E

Queen Conch

Hi :) I have a small queen conch that I added for my clean up crew. It did wonders to the sand bed :D But now that everything is pretty much clean, Should I supplement its feeding? I've tried dried seaweed and it didn't seem to pay much attention to it. Any ideas? Thanks.
  14. E

Help with hermit Crab ID?

Hi :D I ordered some astrea snails for my tank and when I was putting them in the tank I noticed one of them had claws :lol: and im not sure what kind of hermit it is. He's White, legs are a bit hairy with red spots. His claws are quite large i hope hes not all that evil :twisted: his eyes...
  15. E

Time for a Clean-up crew

Hi :D Cycled a 12 gallon Aquapod and I got hit hard with diatoms :P im thinking a clean-up crew is in order. I tested the water and everything checks out. What would you recommend for a clean-up crew on a 12 gallon ap with 15lbs Live rock and 1.5 inch sand bed of Aragonite Fiji Pink Substrate...
  16. E

Help Id :D

Was looking at the rock and noticed what looks like a worm but it may be something else? Its a white clear color and a white tip and its inside a hole in my live rock. Its a bit fuzzy but here is a picture of it :) alt=""> Thanks
  17. E

Cycled?

Hello :) I got a 12 gal ap about 3 weeks ago filled it with saltwater added about 10lbs Aragonite Fiji Pink sand (not live) and I got 15lbs cured live rock in there it was 2 days in transit before I got it from UPS and i figured there would be some die off that would send it into a pretty good...