hawaiian feather duster

I bought a Feather duster and about a week in my tank one of my skunk cleaner shrimp started to mess with it and it dropped its crown a day later. I haven't seen the shrimp bother it since, but its been almost 2 months now and it has not grown another crown. I can see it in the tube and its still alive, just not sure why it hasnt grown another crown so far. any suggestions?

When mine drop their tops it takes a long time for them to replace it. I have one that has been without a top for at least two months and I haven't given up on it yet. :D

I had one do that, took him about 4 to 5 months to finally grow another crown. Course mine was being bothered by a CBB...

Just be patient it will grow back.

I was just concerned that it might starve to death but seems like they can go a while without the crown. Thanks for the info :)

They can move. I had one come as a hitchiker on my GSP many moons ago and I thought cool, freebie. But then it crawled out of its tube and was squriming around. I watched it as it disappeared behind some rockwork The next day it had already built itself a new tube under one of my rocks facing the front.