Search results

1. C

checking interest in a 75 gallon anenome tank

It has over 80 green bubble tip nems with Orange tips ..if your interested plz pm and we can discuss things ..I'm sry if this is against any rules.
  2. C

looking for some help

Looking for some help with getting some test kits My wife is setting up a new tank in her science classroom She is wanting to teach all her students about the cycle process.. I'm try to figure a way to get some free or discounted test kits for 30 or so test kits.if anyone knows a way to help me...
  3. C

snail question

we set up a red sea max with a less than 1inch sand bed.it is the black sand that's a little bit big (compared to fine white sand)any how would it be ok to get nasarious snails to keep the sand bed a little cleaner? thanks in advance
  4. C

Need vortech mp 40 power supply

Had bad storms last night. Lost power for a few hours when power came back on 1 of my power supply cords stopped working. Anyone know where I can get one quickly Thanks in advance
  5. C

rinsing frozen food

i read about this but wonder do i get a strainer and hold the frozen food under tap water till its thawed i would think the tap water would end up in my tank through the food any thoughts
  6. C

bad weather (what to do)

looks like we may get some ice to our area may i suggest if you are considering buying a generator go out and get 1 monday early i plan to get an extra 5 gallons of gas for my generator and fire it up in case i need it tuesday any other tips for some potential power outages
  7. C

rkl help needed

i am looking for someone who understands how to set one of these up to help me could you please pm me your number thanks in advance
  8. C

elfs christmas shots 08 and 09

last year alt=""> 09 alt=""> elfey say merry christmas
  9. C

magnesium question

i use brs but have used tech m also 1341 thats odd my test doesnt get to the single digit but thats good 1300 to 1400 is pretty common if you want to kill bryopsis take it much higher with tech m i dose by just pouring in a cup and adding it
  10. C

Zoas all closed up ??? Help! what to do ???

just courious what your temp has done this last few days my tanks were all over the place
  11. C

filter sock question

how do you guys who use them clean them
  12. C

heater help needed

i am planning on buying new heaters for my tanks i figured i would need 5 to 6 new ones i am thinking of going with titanium please tell me what you guys use even if it isnt titanium thanks in advance brian
  13. C

a little help needed

i am going to california next mon through thursday i was wondering if someone would make themselfs available for my pet sitter to call if she has any problems thanks in advance brian
  14. C

need an id on this

it showed up on a candy cane dont know when but noticed it last night alt=""> thanks brian
  15. C

help my tang has stopped eating

well my naso tand has stopped eating romaine lettuce we have noticed the romaine is dfifferent in ALL the stores i have about 7 heads from different stores but it isnt like the romaine we used to buy i have tried sea weed sheets flake and pellets any ideas would be welcome the fish still...
  16. C

thanks to all who helped with my lighting pics included

alt=""> alt=""> alt=""> thanls to all who help me wire these t5s
  17. C

need lighting help please

ok i got a t5 kit and have no idea really what i am doing alt=""> what i dont understand is first if i have rapid start sockets alt=""> if so on the wiring i am asumming the wire stops at the bulb entrance and a new on is started at the other side (other endcap) to continue the diagram...
  18. C

alk probs and red sea coral pro salt

been having a devil of a time raising my alk for months followed dave j advice and tested my new salt i made and found my alk to be 6.5 im not saying its due to the salt most likley it is my water source was wondering if any of you cityfolk could test some for me so i can see thanks in advance
  19. C

question on odd water i made

i mix up 25 gallons of ro water added the salt then buffer seachem reef buffer last night i went in the trash can i mix it in tonight and it seems white or like a fine white powder is on the heater the power head and generaly in the water i am afriad to do a water change has anyone ever had...
  20. C

zoa spider?

i dipped 2 new zoa rocks and along with a nudi i found this guy can anyone id it? alt=""> alt=""> so i guess into the trash they both go