filter sock question

i run mine in the washing machine , some people add alittle bleach i just run mine with nada...do not use detergeant.

i change mine out every other day

Every other day, splash of bleach (Gentle cycle, hot wash/cold rinse). As mentioned, do NOT use detergent, fabric softener or anything like that. They'll be dry enough after spin cycle to naturally dry the rest of the way.

G

do you guys worry about soap residue left over in the washer
also when you take it out do you rinse it out or straight to the tank

I haven't had a problem and for the last couple months I've been testing daily (vodka dosing). Our washer does have a 2nd rinse cycle option, but I don't use it.

I do have 5 socks and rotate them, so it's never right back in. But that's not terribly significant for this question.

G

havinng extra to rotate is a great idea. without bleach its hard to get them really clean, but its good enough with out if you are exchanging regularly.

I flip my filter socks inside out and then into the washing machine with hot water. I rotate between two socks every few days. Since I've used filter socks, my tank water is crystal clear but now my Kenmore has a horrible case of hair algae.

Mark