chappy

Premium Member
ok i got a t5 kit and have no idea really what i am doing

P1000586.jpg
alt="">

what i dont understand is first if i have rapid start sockets
P1000589.jpg
alt="">

if so on the wiring i am asumming the wire stops at the bulb entrance and a new on is started at the other side (other endcap) to continue the diagram

P1000583.jpg
alt="">

on the power cord why is the green wire ended with a eye thing
is that to put a screw threw for grounding

P1000588.jpg
alt="">

im sorry for posting this here but it seems most people look here and i wanted to start this project when i get home from dinner

thanks to anyone who has the patience to help me with this

That ballast schematic shows only 2 bulbs, did you get 2 ballasts ? Yes green wire is to ground your ballast using a mounting screw.

yes have 2 ballast
do i need a certain type of screw for the ground and where should i place said screw

Take any metal screw, thread it through the green ring terminal, then screw it down through the mounting bracket on the ballast.

From the diagram, take two reds, strip them a bit, and push them into the quick connects on one end cap. Take the two blues, strip them, and push them into another end cap. Those are the connections for one side of two bulbs. Push one yellow into the inside terminal of each of the remaining end caps, then take a small piece of wire and link the outside terminals of the two remaining end caps.

@chappy wrote:
yes have 2 ballast do i need a certain type of screw for the ground and where should i place said screw said:
Hi,

There should be a place on the case of each ballast where you can attach the ground.

Cheers,

thanks scott and ron
think i got it
the ground screw(was gonna use a deckmate) does that go into the very outer edge of the ballast?
does it matter which side i use also can i place the ballast on the top side of the plywood or will it get to hot

Most ballasts have a mounting bracket that already has holes in it. If not, I'd drill a hole on the end of the mounting tab.

dont use a deckmate as the coating might inhibit good contact. I use regular wood scres from lowes/hd usually #10 or #8 and drill them thru the hole in the mouning tab and into the wood. If you dont want to hard mount it just get a small 10x24 machine screw and nut and run it thru your lug and hole in ballast.