Recent content by tthomas81

1. T

AI Hydra, AI Director, MP40

Going back to my T5 fixture so no need for these LED's.2 - AI Hydra 26. $275 each1- AI Director $701 mp40w  $150Pick up in Frisco 
  2. T

Clownfish breeding

Hi All, My clowns started laying eggs and my kids want to try to raise them. We have most what we need so far and need some help with the rotifer culture. I am unable to find the food for the rotifers in town and i am wondering if anyone had an idea of an alternative to ordering the food...
  3. T

How often should I trim Chaeto

Hi All, I am just wondering how thick I should let my Chaeto get and if it should be trimmed often.
  4. T

Is this a pest or anything to worry about

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340842069.337677.jpg I have seen three of them and they are about 5-6 inches long. Does anyone know what it might be?
  5. T

RODI water

Hello all, I just purchased a RODI unit and I am wondering if I will need to add anything to the water after it is made other than salt. I really appreciate the help.
  6. T

First stab at hard coral

Hello everyone, I am about to upgrade from a Biocube 29 to a 65 gallon bowfront tank and need help with lighting. I had PCs in the biocube and my polyps and zoas were fine but I am now ready to venture into sps and lps. What type and how much lighting would be enough to sustain a healthy tank...
  7. T

Puffer disease Help!!! Please

Hi! I just purchased this puffer a week ago and it is developing some kind of disease or something. I will try to post pictures but I really need help saving him. I lost a dogface puffer two weeks ago with the same type mark that developed. I have a 150 gallon tank that has been set up for 7...
  8. T

Deformity on Fish ID

My dogface puffer has some type of growth or something. I took the best picture I could to show. Please help me id the problem and help find a solution.
  9. T

Red slime

Hi, I have a 150 gallon FOWLR and a 29 gallon bio cube that have both been running a few months now. I am starting to see red slime accumulating on the substrate. Does anyone know how to treat this or even if I should worry about it. I do a 10% water change weekly and carbon is running on the...
  10. T

Xenia and pipe organ dying.

The pipe organ slowly went into it's skeleton and the Xenia does not look very healthy today. Does anyone know where I might have went wrong? Ph 8.2 Ammonia 0 Nitrite 0 Nitrate .5 Coral beauty angel Maroon clown Mandarin goby Royal gramma Zoas & polyps All doing well. They are in a 29...
  11. T

Derasa Clam in 29 Gallon Biocube?

Hi, I am new to keeping a reef tank and understanding what type of lighting is required per species. I am planning on keeping xenia, poly's, and zoas in my Biocube 29 with PC's. I currently have a bubble anenome with a maroon clown and some small poly's. There are around 10 hermit crabs, an...