RODI water

tthomas81

Membership Expired
Hello all,

I just purchased a RODI unit and I am wondering if I will need to add anything to the water after it is made other than salt.

I really appreciate the help.

Was the unit new or used? Does the RODI unit have a TDS meter? If not, I would order one from BRS to make sure the filters are still good (if they are used). If your filters are good, you should not have to add anything else but salt. Make sure to keep the new salt water circulating also.

This is the one I have and it works great:

http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/store/products/reverse-osmosis-filters-and-systems/ro-di-accessories/dual-inline-tds-meter-dm-1-hm-digital.html

Thomas I recommend that too. But give me a call saturday if you have time I can swing by and we can look how that is routed, I can bring my tds meter over and we can check to see if the filters are all good. The picture looked different to me. I just add salt, and it's good to go.

It was used so I will order the Tds meter as well. Is there anything else that I should order As well?

with all the ammonia issues in the metroplex, I put in prime in my mixed SW. Better safe than sorry, and it doesn't hurt the water, from what I understand.

I use a dual probe TDS meter to measure the TDS level after the RO stage and then after the DI stage. I wait for the TDS level from the RO stage to go down before letting it go through the DI stage as Marc recommended in his presentation to prolong the life of the DI unit. My meter is plumbed in so checking is pretty easy.