Recent content by suboc

1. S

Feeding BTA

has any one ever fed their anemones baby sardines? Ive been going to several asian grocery stores wth my wife (she is Thai), as she shops i wander around lookng at all the good odd stuff they have to eat. ive found 2lb packs of silversides for $2, unprocessed fish eggs for dirt cheap, and all...
  2. S

Pump cleaning.

I picked up some Hydor magi-clean to clean my pumps and other items that need coraline algae removal and it worked fantastic. soak for about 20 mins, and they require very little scrubbing. I was wondering if there are any house hold chemicals that would do the same thing, with messing up my...
  3. S

Zoa id please

These came in on a piece of live rock, I havnt been able to find a picture of them on the interwebs. Any body seen them before?
  4. S

Tang ID please

This tang is up at petco for a few weeks listed as a Naso and every one I ask says "its a naso" even though there is a naso right next to it. I looked around the interweb and couldnt find anything like it.
  5. S

New LED fixtures

I came across some LED fixtures that are very reasonable in price that are made by westar. each fixture is dimmable and has 55x3w bridgelux leds. Any one ever seen or used one of these LED fixtures?
  6. S

Snail ID please

just got back from SPI found a few of these snails and brought some back, wondering if they will be ok in the reef tank or should they go in other tank?
  7. S

War on flat worms

so ive had an infestation of red planaria for some time now, its been steadily getting out of controll. Ive been sucking them out every day over the past week and tomorrow im going to flatworm exit them. Is there any major concerns i should have about the dead flatworms? ive converted a huge...
  8. S

Activated Carbon

What is the best bang for my buck in activated carbon? I see there is alot of options out there and I know about the kent carbon problem. Im going to be treating with flat worm exit very soon and i want to have every thing prepped and ready, and want to make sure I have the correct carbon for...
  9. S

the worlds 2nd deadliest poison right in your tank!!

Doing a little bit of research on zoas I came across this artical. You may want to think about using caution while fragging your zoas and palys. http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/notrocketscience/2011/04/05/world%E2%80%99s-2nd-deadliest-poison-in-an-aquarium-store-near-you/ I also came across...
  10. S

green chomis spawning

Ay one ever have green chromis spawn in their tank?? for the past few weeks one of my green chromis has been very protective of my frag rack, chasing and biting any one or any thig that got close to it(my self included). Today there are eggs all over the frag rack, and the chromis is getting...
  11. S

zoa id please

super slow grower, has 8 large polyps since october.
  12. S

adding sand to an established tank.

Im wanting to add some more sand to my tank about 100 to 150lbs, What is the best way to do this and will it effect any of the animals? Its only about 3 inches deep as of now and im wanting to get it over 5 inches.
  13. S

baby chalice?

A few months ago I picked up a purplish/blue and green chalice colony with some recessed tissue for the purpose of practicing fragging, I fragged a few pieces and glued them to some frag plugs. A few weeks later i noticed this little pink spot (that wasnt there before) about the size of a pin...
  14. S

fragging zoas

What is the best way to harvest a single zoanthid polyp from center of a colony?
  15. S

awesome dendro

if some one wants to get me something for christmas check this out. http://www.happycoral.com/p/2654/super-sun-5