New LED fixtures

I came across some LED fixtures that are very reasonable in price that are made by westar. each fixture is dimmable and has 55x3w bridgelux leds. Any one ever seen or used one of these LED fixtures?

A link to them would help with recommendations. The bridgelux leds are about 30% less efficient than the Cree or Phillips so it would require approximately 30% more to cover the same space. That being said without seeing the fixture I would say that I wouldnt put one of these fixtures on anything wider than 36w"x24t" (about 60g). Many people across the reefing community have had success with the bridgelux fixtures and DIY kits from aquastyleonline.com but I have not personally tried them so I cant give experience.

heres a link. http://www.aliexpress.com/product-gs/545945071-Dimmable-55-3W-High-Power-120W-LED-Aquarium-Light-12000K-20000K-White-460nm-Blue-FREE-Shipping-wholesalers.html
My tank is 84x24x24, was thinking about getting 1 to just test it out and if it works well get 3 more.

at that price, i might order a couple and supplement with some uv leds

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

would you share the link to rc? i think i have some reading to do tonight

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

Ive read enough of that thread to make me go ahead and order a tester light. I will let every one know how well it works over the frag rack as far as growth rate.

Well that was the fastest ive ever gotten something delivered from Asia. Ordered on Tuesday they shipped on Tuesday and it was delivered today. First thoughts on this thing, the mounting hardware is cheesy and the cord plug in location is horrable for a pendant or for something that would be mounted in a canopy. I went ahead and made some new cables with some fishing swivels and steel fishing leader,for mounting it to my ceiling.

But i havent figured what im going to do with the plug wires.

A 90 degree power cord might make it easier...

76753.jpg
alt="">

so far they look a little bit dimmer than the 250 MH, but thats next to a 10k phonix. but I do love the color.

So heres something im sure has been done but i have not seen it. Ive got an identical frag of Cherry Charm Palythoa, both fragged the same day, one under 250w 10k MH and one under LED. After one month I will see which one grows them better. The reason I chose these is because they grow like wild fire in my tank.