Feeding BTA

has any one ever fed their anemones baby sardines? Ive been going to several asian grocery stores wth my wife (she is Thai), as she shops i wander around lookng at all the good odd stuff they have to eat. ive found 2lb packs of silversides for $2, unprocessed fish eggs for dirt cheap, and all kinds of other foods that get sold at the LFS for crazy amounts of money. But I have eaten these before and found a fresh supply of baby sardines, they are just a bit bigger than mysis shrimp, the nem takes them better than silversides. and all the fish in the tank are able to eat them because they are small. heres wat they look like.http://www.hellotokyo.jp/2010/11/08/shirasu-baby-sardine/

I have but I notice my skimmer goes crazy. Also look at algea its so cheap at asian stores.

Sent from inside the shark tank!

@Burbarry wrote:
I have but I notice my skimmer goes crazy. Also look at algea its so cheap at asian stores. Sent from inside the shark tank! said:
I use nori from the grocery and i finaly found one with red and green algae. Ill post a picture of it tomorrow.

sawadee krap

I feed my nems chopped pl?h m?k and gung from Asia World Market. I also buy my Nori there.
Never had a problem over the past year.

-- Kuhn Howard

They have little bits of squid that i feed to my fish but ive never seen what your describing. I get my nori from the local asian market too.

@shse666 wrote:
sawadee krap I feed my nems chopped pl?h m?k and gung from Asia World Market. I also buy my Nori there. Never had a problem over the past year. -- Kuhn Howard said:
I also feed shrimp and squid, but i like to give my animals a diverse diet and try new things to see what works better.

Be sure to post back if you try it then.

Most of the silversides that I have been able to find float, at least early on and that is bad for my tanks as it gets caught in the filtration instead of sinking where the CUC can handle it.
None of my 'nems seem overly picky. The shark isn't a big fish fan but then he is mostly a glorified cat fish with teeth according to Bill.

I've wondered about the live clams they have there but I'm worried about introducing a pest. I only serve re-frozen items to date.