baby chalice?

A few months ago I picked up a purplish/blue and green chalice colony with some recessed tissue for the purpose of practicing fragging, I fragged a few pieces and glued them to some frag plugs. A few weeks later i noticed this little pink spot (that wasnt there before) about the size of a pin head growing on a receeded area of the chalice, I thought it was some coraline algae and didnt think any thing else about it. A few days ago I was looking at the growth of the frags and noticed the pink spot had grown and was not coraline. its hard to see in the picture but it has a green mouth and green around the edge.
[attachment=1]chalice.jpg[/attachment]

i snipped the little guy off and glued it to a plug i didnt know if the bigger one would kill it if they got too close.
[attachment=0]pink.jpg[/attachment]

Nice!!! I love bonus baby frags.
You may want to make sure it's sitting the same way it was before you fragged it. Sometimes they just like those particular angels.

Here is what that baby has turned in to. When it opens up to feed its got that pink color around the mouth. But completely different than i expected.

That's incredible. Nice find, and good documentation about it. Update us again in a few months with a new picture.

So this little chalice is coming along pretty good. 8 months since I glued it to a frag plug. heres what I have now. Still only one eye but is growing pretty well even with th lighting change from MH to LED

Do you think it is a piece from original chalice or different?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A few months ago something happened in my tank, not sure what happened. Alll my water params were spot on, except nitrates were at 10ppm. The original colony and frags fron that colony were very tempermental any little thing that happened in the tank they would start looking bad and receeding. when that nitrate spike happend all pieces of this kind of chalice just melted away. But this baby seems to be very tough in comparison. Im faily possitive that this baby will be a better specimen for tank life than the mother colony.