Recent content by Jaguar

1. J

How many Anthias?

I am recently considering a small herd of anthias, and wondered is 5 (3 of one, 2 of the other) too many for a 2ft cube. I constantly see people with 3ft tanks and 20 fish in them, well here. I personally prefer a low fish density, but am wanting to add some really exotic anthias to the next...
  2. J

When bitten by a fang blenny

I'm writing because I looked about for information on what I should do and could find none. I sold the last of my tanks inhabitants and live rock. I know I have a fang blenny I just didn't see it. Well I must have grabbed it as it was hiding in the rock. I jerked back. The bite feels like a...
  3. J

Red Flatworms problem

Okay, which wrasse can I add with my pair of fang blennies to eat them all up? Or should I go with that blue lined nudibranch maybe? I guess I could always flatworm exit. . Honestly I'd rather just add something biological then use chemical means if possible. Thanks for the advice! Jag
  4. J

More babies!

Optimus's babies are today 2 weeks old. And guess who decided it was a good day to deliver his! My other male Bwatty. alt=""> So I get to skip work and set up the other 20g nursary tonight! They've been seperated and are in a bucket with a sponge filter that I've had in my other fry tank...
  5. J

Youth Gone Wild (warning cute photos)

This is Optimus's 1st batch. It is currently somewhere between 200-300. I think he outdid himself. I hope you enjoy the photos. I know alot of people always talk about how hard it is to raise them. These are between 2-5 days old, I enjoy the effort and don't find it very hard or challenging...
  6. J

Blue Spot Property

I've probably wanted some of these bluespot jawfish almost as long as my seahorses. I'm very proud to be working with this group. Hope you enjoy the photos. I apologize for the tank looking like a wreck. I underestimated the base rock under the display and I've had to make very rapid...
  7. J

How do you WC?

So I did a larger WC then normal and realised it stresses out everything in my display. Corals, sponges live rock is all exposed to air for about 15 minutes. Is there another way to do it so my display doesn't drive everything mental? Spread out my weekly WC over a few days? I WC about 15g-20g...
  8. J

Introducing my herd

Bwatty (Who is now back to eating normally after a hunger strike): alt=""> Optimus Prime with Bwatty on the rightside: alt=""> And Optimus's beautiful little mate Bumblebee: alt=""> I just thought I'd show some proud photos. It's been about 2 yrs since I've been without seahorses, and...
  9. J

Does anything eat ball nems?

Cause I can see two I can do surgury on to remove. Except on viewing the tank under moonlights I saw what I think to be another along the very bottom and underneath the whole rockwork. Isn't that how it always goes? I don't want pest nems stinging my ponies!
  10. J

Waited a long time to complete this!

37g,38g,39G something like that! alt=""> alt=""> I can't wait the sand should be clear by the time I get home from work.
  11. J

Tiny little GBTA

I know you were expecting photos, he's still acclimating. I'll take some after I put him where I'd like him to hopefully stay. I decided I'd get some clowns in a month or two so I thought I'd get them a nem before they arrived. I'm excited. I've never had a nemenmeee before. :lol:
  12. J

Need a tank drilled

Just purchased an upgrade to my tank and would like to know if anyone knows any glass shops I can take my tank to for drilling. It is about 1/2 inch thick glass and I'd like 2, maybe 3 holes drilled in it. The tank is 37g. Thanks in advance, Jaguar
  13. J

Another SPS ID needed

alt=""> Top View: alt=""> One more: alt=""> I was thinking some sort of birdsnest? :?:
  14. J

Sump Size

You could wait and see if someone pops up with something on the boards that's acrylic. I just purchased a 50g that fits perfectly in my stand of my 75g. I plan to upgrade someday to a 90g and keep my stand/canopy/etc.
  15. J

The 70g is Complete!

:lol: 8) :shock: It still has alot of growing up to do before it's complete. All the corals are mostly on the sand because I didn't want them to get lighting shock/burn from going under 130w PC to 250w MH. This tank has one canary blenny and 6 seahorses. I have plans for 2-4 more ponies, a...