Sump Size

You could wait and see if someone pops up with something on the boards that's acrylic. I just purchased a 50g that fits perfectly in my stand of my 75g. I plan to upgrade someday to a 90g and keep my stand/canopy/etc.

I used 20 long for my 90g. So, you could easily use the 29 gallon. I didn't need the extra height of the 29 over the 20g.
-Chuck

I would go for the long tanks if you can fit them under the stand over the tall tanks for a sump. The benefit of extra width in the chambers outweighs the benefits of having extra height in the sump.

just be sure if you go with a "long" that you account for the less height. Just in case your return pump gets shuts off for some reason that your incoming water does not overflow the sump.

what size is your area for a sump...I have an acrylic on someone made that is too small for my stand. I can let you have for what i bought it for

I just made a sump for my 90g out of a 30g long. It has 10 inch high baffles to allow access water if the return pump turns off. and it goes from drain/skimmer>Refug>return with a 1262 eheim return pump

IMG_2665.jpg
alt="">
hope that helps

well ya i would go as big as possible if you have the room, if your putting it under the tank in the stand like mine, nething mor than 36 inches long will most likely not fit inless u can put it in from the side