Need a tank drilled

Just purchased an upgrade to my tank and would like to know if anyone knows any glass shops I can take my tank to for drilling. It is about 1/2 inch thick glass and I'd like 2, maybe 3 holes drilled in it. The tank is 37g.

Thanks in advance,
Jaguar

Adam Moody and his cell number is 817-992-0779. He works with glass as a profession and is very reasonable. He makes house calls.

http://www.dfwmas.org/Forums/viewtopic.php?t=53163&highlight=adam+glass

Called early this morning and that seems is not his # anymore the guy said he'd try to get in touch with him and pass along my #. I haven't heard from him yet though. :?

when you do let me know! If your doing it this weekend maybe I can bring my tank to your place and we can have him drill our holes at the same time. Might be cheaper that way. I need two holes drilled. One roughly 1.5" and the other 1.25". My bulkhead sizes are 3/4" and 1"

Does anyone know any glass shops that may be willing to do this drilling? I dont want to do it myself. I would get really mad if I cracked something. I always tend to be too rough with things.

it is so easy to do it your self i just did one with the clubs bit, that doesnt have a center drill bit like the ones im used to using and it wasnt hard to get it started

I've seen it done with a dremel and diamond tip drill bits too which makes the cut perfect. I had a friend drill my 20g and we chipped the glass a little so I had to silicone the bulkhead in place so it wouldn't leak. I'd rather have a perfect cut so I don't have to worry about making a bulkhead permanent.

@bimmerzs wrote:
Neptune's Cove will drill hole's as will some other store's with customer service oriented owner's. Cheers said:
hmmmm. I may have to talk to Bill about this since I live fairly close to the store.

Hey Jaguar. I am thinking about just drilling my tank myself. If you want to do it together I can do your tank after I drill mine. Mine can be the "test" tank..... :lol: