More babies!

Optimus's babies are today 2 weeks old. And guess who decided it was a good day to deliver his! My other male Bwatty.

395d83b8.jpg
alt="">

So I get to skip work and set up the other 20g nursary tonight! They've been seperated and are in a bucket with a sponge filter that I've had in my other fry tank for a few days. I need more brine shrimp!

Oh no, and Optimus is back courting! I need more fish tanks.

Yeah I brought home heaps of water. I need to get myself an ro unit though. I spend over $100 a week on salt water ATM. I'm taking the salinity down in the nursary tanks to save a little.

Oh yes I assure you I will have some! [smilie=clapping.gif] thanks to some great advice from the pros I have cut my losses dramatically. I have lost maybe 3 of my 5 day olds (still have over 200) and am no longer regularly losing 3-5 of the 2 week olds (holding strong at about 120-150). I'm now making plans and preparing equipment for when they out grow of this tank.

I might have a very special fry shipment next month, but it will be very hush, hush because I don't want to jinx it! [smilie=lipssealed.gif]

That is so awesome, I'm building a seahorse tank as we speak. I might have some home for some babies too! [smilie=wink.gif]

Quick update: Both batches of babies are doing well, and strong. I have my 6 week olds on adult brine, cyclopeze and Mini Mysis. My 4 week olds are still on enriched brine, but chasing after there live mysid tankmates and attempting the cyclopeze.

I have a vacation planned for next week and will have 2 caretakers for them in my absense [smilie=dull.gif] I hope I can train them how to care for everyone properly enough on Monday.

that is great news and i will pray for them while you are gone just keep me in mind for a few of the little guys

All went well while I was gone, so I snapped some photos of everyone and thought I'd share!

3149a132.jpg
alt="">

1e378600.jpg
alt="">

It's really hard to believe I've been tending to these two large groups with such strong results. These are 6 weeks old tomorrow and the other batch is 2 months old. I'm such a proud mama!!

Watching with sheer amazement!!! If mine have fry I know who to go to for advice now.

Keep me in mind as these grow larger...I still have a bit of room in my seahorse tank.

i would LOVE a pair of these... can you tell me more info and what age they will need to be before its OK to transfer/sell them?

Thanks

Sorry everyone. I got caught with past due tickets and was in jail for 11 days. I had a few surviours, but as soon as I had them strong enough the apt complex went through a series of power outages and AC units breaking. Between the heat and power outs. None survived. I will start all over again when I arrive in Australia next month, but it won't help anyone here since international shipping of seahorses from there is prohibited.