Youth Gone Wild (warning cute photos)

This is Optimus's 1st batch. It is currently somewhere between 200-300. I think he outdid himself. I hope you enjoy the photos. I know alot of people always talk about how hard it is to raise them. These are between 2-5 days old, I enjoy the effort and don't find it very hard or challenging. Just constant. Like any other baby. Maybe I just like beig a mamma. They sure can eat!

4d1901ca.jpg
alt="">

7d8105c9.jpg
alt="">

b66b88d6.jpg
alt="">

a973e368.jpg
alt="">

Maybe it's not work if you love it. [smilie=inlove.gif] [smilie=kiss.gif] [smilie=inlove.gif]

That's a lot of babies. I hope you can keep them fed so they'll grow.

Right Marc! I have 2 brine hatcheries going with 2 tsp's each. One to enrich one to hatch. If I have a bit left over it goes to the fridge to feed next time. They sure do eat! I feed enough so there is constantly food in the tank. I learned 6 hrs is ok to be gone, but 9 1/2 hrs was too long. So now I go to work later to keep an eye on them (if needs be I'll leave for 30 minutes to check on them and do a quick WC) and dose Cloram-X twice the normal dose before I leave them, just in case.

They are h.erectus from the pinto bloodlines. Both parents are pintos.

Hey jaguar , first congrats and next keep me in mind when they are eating frozen. I want two more they put me to sleep at night . For sure the most relaxing thing in my house right next ambien and beer ;)

Thanks everyone for the support. I hope very much to be able to raise these to a marketable age and offer some to members at a later time. Everyday is exciting and I'll spend hours watching them swim, frolic, and eat. As they grow so does there appetite. I'll post some new photos soon. I think I caught what was going around at work. I'm going to crawl back in bed.

Jaguar,

Just curious--have you every used flash photography on your seahorses? Ever noticed any deleterious effects?

Hey Shawn,

Honestly I'm just taking some snapshots with my iPhone. The lighting is the florescent strip light I keep mid tank area so the BBS all stick to that area. I do have some fry that are white so you might be seeing those.

1ca0020e.jpg
alt="">

Well I sadly say I have had a greater loss then I would like. I missed a detail and have had quite a number come down with bacteria infections. They are currently being treated and I still have over 100. I keep having to remind myself this is only my 1st batch and that they will have more. I still feel very confident I can raise 25-50 to maturity if not more. They continue to grow and eat. They are currently just over a week old and about 1/2 inch tall. The bright colored hitches are normal sized zip ties.

I was out of town last week and I'm amazed how well my 2 caregivers were with my babies! Thanks Ken and Rod! These are my 2 month olds. Growing like weeds on Hikari mysis and enriched adult brine.

6ec8c0d1.jpg
alt="">

9f10456b.jpg
alt="">
My favorite!

dd982941.jpg
alt="">

I also took some of my 6 week olds I'll add to there thread. I hope you enjoy!

FABULOUS!! I can't believe what a size difference from the first colored zipties pic and the latter. Amazing, and great work!! I have always wanted to try breeding seahorses, maybe someday I will have the opportunity!
Catherine