Recent content by Critter9905

1. C

Jebao WP60 help

Just picked up a WP60 and its way too much for my tank. To my understanding, there is a light sensor that goes in the side, that will slow the pump speed down a lot. I just so happen to not have that piece. Does anyone know if that's anything special? Could I pick something similar up at a Radio...
  2. C

Anthias questions on compatability

I'm looking into getting a small school of anthias for my 180. I have a single female Maldives lyretail currently, but I want more. My questions are; In groups, do I need to have all lyretails, or can I mix with dispar, queen, etc. AND can I only have one male period, or one male per type? Any...
  3. C

Hello Wichita Falls.... How are you?

Been a while talking to anyone in the wf area... How's everyone and their tanks doing???
  4. C

Seneye Aquarium Monitor

Does anyone have any experience with these? I had heard about it a while back, before the were available. I see you can purchase them now, but it appears to only monitor pH, NH3 and lighting... I was under the impression you could monitor most standard reef parameters, including mag, cal, alk...
  5. C

Which dosing chemical is which? I mixed them up...

I was moving things around on my tank last night and mixed up my dosing pumps and chemicals. I have alk, mag and calcium (all from BRS). I know which one is the alk, but which one is calcium and which one is magnesium? Any way to tell? Please help! Thanks
  6. C

Liveaquaria order. Want in Wichita Falls?

I'm about to place an order. Anyone in WF want to get in on it with me?
  7. C

In case of power loss.... What do YOU do?

Just curious what you all do for a back up plan. The ecotech backup? A battery backup? Generator? Air pump??? Looking for ideas, please post yours. Thank you!
  8. C

Dosing pump or no???

I, for the life of me, can't seem to get kalk dosing right, so I'm thinking about just buying a dosing pump. What are your thoughts? Go for it? Any brand to stay away from? Please help.....I'm getting frustrated with this cloudy tank.
  9. C

Kalk and a cloudy tank

I need some help.....again. for my top-off I'm using BRS kalk. I started out with the stand 1 Tbsp per gallon, then increased to almost 2 Tbsp per gallon just to keep my parameters up. I maybe go through 5 gallons a week, at most. The problem I'm having is it make my tank cloudy. When I just...
  10. C

Supplements????

What do you guys use and/or recommend for supplements? Anything you wouldn't go without? Ever used something that you quickly noticed positive changes?
  11. C

Quarantine info

I'm new to quarantines so any info is appreciated. I have a 55 gallon that I set up as a quarantine tank. Its fully cycled and currently houses two damsels, several blue leg crabs, as well as some junk corals I don't care about... My qt question is: I'm currently qt-Ing an Achilles Tang. How...
  12. C

Bazooka Joe Chalice Help

I've got one chalice left.... My bazooka Joe, and its started to recede. Its lost its rim, and now slowly losing more. Very little at a time, but it's is receding. Any thoughts or suggestions on what to do? All parameters are good, and all other corals are doing great.
  13. C

Majanos - please help!!!

I have way too many... Can someone please telle how to get rid of them. I have peppermints that do nothing. I've tried aiptasia x, vinegar, etc. Anyone know another thing I can try?
  14. C

Recommend a Starfish?

Looking to get a new starfish. Any recommendations?
  15. C

Vega intensity and hating my center brace.

I'm curious what suggestions you might have on my lighting and intensity. I have two AI Vegas. Currently, all colors are at 80%, except for my whites, which I keep at 50% max intensity. The problem I'm having is I don't think I'm getting enough light at the bottom of my tank. I have a 48" wide...