Vega intensity and hating my center brace.

I'm curious what suggestions you might have on my lighting and intensity.
I have two AI Vegas. Currently, all colors are at 80%, except for my whites, which I keep at 50% max intensity.
The problem I'm having is I don't think I'm getting enough light at the bottom of my tank.
I have a 48" wide 110 gallon tall tank.
I thought about adding a third Vega, but I have a huge center brace blocking light in the center of my tank.
I didn't think it would be worth it, just to be blocked.
Any help is appreciated.

Have you tried them at 100%? Just adding that 40% extra light (20%x2) would essentially give you half of another fixture.

You could also add a few T5s or smaller fixtures to supplement.

What about tilting them slightly to shift the light toward the middle zone? It would be good to know the PAR measurement at the bottom of the tank.

Second on getting PAR measurements and tilting the lights a little. They are deceptively bright as the lenses focus most of the light down and not out to the sides. I would be concerned about bleaching corals if you have to run them at higher percentages.

I started with 2x on my tank (48x24x18 tall) and I was running them at 100% after a 2 month acclimation period. I ended up adding a 3rd and now run them at 80%. They don't look as bright as MH or t5 look.

Options:
-Adding supplemental light with T5.
-You could also run them in an H configuration which might cut don't on the light be blocked by the center brace. (By H I mean 2x at the ends running the depth of the tank and 1x in the center running the length).
-Run a Radion in the center as it has a large open center.

Go to the PAR meter thread in the Members Only forum. It's currently on the Dallas side of town.

What kind of corals do you have in that tank? I ask because I have a 110 I am about to setup and I was going to buy 2 vegas for it. Are the corals suffering or just not as much light as you would you like in the tank?

I have a 105 gallon 48x18x30deep and am running 70 cree LEDs at 100% growing corals top middle bottom. I still have not lost a coral due to acclimation under LEDs. I put the coral in the tank where I want it and within a few days it starts to spread and grow. Looking to redo my rock work sometime soon as I just kind of tossed the rock in during the move. Here is a pic of the tank.
[attachment=0]ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368501220.334232.jpg[/attachment]

Sent from inside the shark tank!

@sharko88 wrote:
What kind of corals do you have in that tank? I ask because I have a 110 I am about to setup and I was going to buy 2 vegas for it. Are the corals suffering or just not as much light as you would you like in the tank? said:
I have everything in my tank, zoas, sps, lps,...you name it!
I just think I need more light at the bottom, but all seems ok.

Eckolancer, I believe we have the same tank! I think I'll be increasing my lights from 80% to 100%.

Any suggestions on which color lights should be at what percentage?

I run whites, blues, colors all at 100% im thinking about adding another 14 leds mostly blues with a couple more uvs. Here is a pic of how close to the water my leds sit. BTW I never use optics on leds. [attachment=0]ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368528238.587327.jpg[/attachment]

Sent from inside the shark tank!

I hung 2 Radions over my tank back and February. If I get the intensity much over 70% I see bleaching in my SPS. I have them 9" over the water and its a 48"Wx20"Dx24"T.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD