Bazooka Joe Chalice Help

I've got one chalice left.... My bazooka Joe, and its started to recede. Its lost its rim, and now slowly losing more. Very little at a time, but it's is receding.
Any thoughts or suggestions on what to do?
All parameters are good, and all other corals are doing great.

I doubt a dip would hurt, but I would try to raise that Mag a little, say 1400, but I doubt that is the issue. I keep mine well over 1500 for the most part. Next guess so long as there are no pests would be lighting.

@mtraylor wrote:
Its your ALK that is causing the issue. If your test set says it good said:
Why alk? All other corals are good. From LE zoas to LE sps.
I keep a mixed reef. Acro, mille, stylo, hammers, elegance bubble anem, duncans, montis, dendros.

Only this chalice is having trouble.

....now that I think of it, I did just lose my cyphastrea, and I have trouble with acans....
...but still, why do you blame the alk? You think my test is inaccurate... Can you elaborate please?
I'll tesr with a different source tomorrow.

I used to keep my chalice on the sandbed in the open, since LEDs I keep it partially shaded. Those readings seem spot on to me, you could check for alk swings at night. Testing with another test might help you at least make sure it's not alk or mag, if not I'd dip then put it in the shade.

What percentages are you running each channel at? Height of fixtures AWL? Depth of tank from water line to where the chalice is located? I've had to experiment a bit with chalice locations and LED lighting. Some have had to stay in the shade or they will bleach or recede if exposed to too much light.

I also have a mixed reef. Chalices are less tolerant to the ALK changes than all your other corals. That is why it is the first to tell you that you have a problem. If you wait and its the ALK, the others will follow.

Well, I thought I had another test kit. Apparently not. Now I won't be able to pick one up til this weekend.
Should I go ahead and dip?
Should I remove my kalk and go straight ro/di?