Anthias questions on compatability

I'm looking into getting a small school of anthias for my 180. I have a single female Maldives lyretail currently, but I want more. My questions are; In groups, do I need to have all lyretails, or can I mix with dispar, queen, etc. AND can I only have one male period, or one male per type?
Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks

Interested in this too....I think odd numbers is the key, but i don't know and if different Anthias would be better...Following along

I have Bartlette & lyretail. The only thing about the lyretail is make sure you get small females so they are less likely to fight over the male spot! I had got 5 from frank's sale with spikes (still female) but they fought till I was down to one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Call Frank at Frank's Tanks ... I believe he has different anthias in the 480g at the back of the store. I also saw one of the females changing a few months ago with a male already in it and Frank only confirmed the fish was indeed changing. We didn't have any discussion about it.

I purchased 7 Lyretail Anthias, 6 females and 1 male, almost all were about the same size. One of them decided to turn into a male and picked at each other but never enough to hurt themselves. They are living a happy life but I am considering trading one of the males for a female.

@BlennyLover wrote:
Call Frank at Frank's Tanks ... I believe he has different anthias in the 480g at the back of the store. I also saw one of the females changing a few months ago with a male already in it and Frank only confirmed the fish was indeed changing. We didn't have any discussion about it. said:
The tank in the back definitely has different Anthias and same number of males. I was there this afternoon and looked myself, then verified it with Frank himself. He has several lyretail and several bartlett's fairy. Hope this helps.