Recent content by coralreefer

1. C

Coral Magazine 25 issues

$50 for all 25.  Some in plastic, some not. All in great shape.  Various issues from 2011-2016. Pickup in N Arlington. 
  2. C

DSA 140 complete setup FS

Deep Sea Aquatics 140 gallon: tank, stand, canopy and all equipment. $800. Not parting out at this time, so don't even mention it. No trades. Location: N ArlingtonTANK: 48"x24" footprint and 28" tall. Glass in excellent shape, 1 tiny scratch.?STAND and CANOPY: homemade and sturdy. Outside red...
  3. C

CO2 hydro/refill

My CO2 cylinder is in need of hydro inspection as well as a fill. Anyone know of a place around Arlington to do such a thing? I can call Arlington scuba and ask them where they take their cylinders, but idk if they would be willing to give up that info and I'd rather not pay the middle man...
  4. C

Catching Fish

After Matt's presentation on QT/HT I forsee many threads on how to catch a fish. His ideas were basically trap/lure and disassemble tank. Here is a link to a thread i participated in a long while ago detailing the way I caught a damsel. It was basically free. Someone might be able to...
  5. C

Berried Shrimp

So long story short, picked up 4 peppermint shrimp to desolate my aiptasia problem and they did. Now one is showing a little!!! Anyone else experience this or do anything about it? Crappy iphone pic of it hanging out underneath my monster sized Miami hurricane chalice. alt="">
  6. C

AI Hydra 52 at LFS?

Anyone know of a LFS that carries AI products and might have a Hydra FiftyTwo on display?
  7. C

ID this flatworm

Found some of these on some recently purchased frags PRIOR to putting them in my tank. Idk how good the quality is gonna be- iphone pics. alt=""> alt=""> I think they may be this type, but I dipped the frags in CoralRx before putting them in the tank...
  8. C

Those pesky Aiptasia

I have been battling these boogers for some time. To the point I was at wits end and neglected the rest of my tank. Several fast growing corals were out of control, other needy corals were in despair. While teaching during the year and a lack of water changes the cyano built a stronghold...
  9. C

What's new in the past year?

It's been a while for me with a busy school year. Now that summer is here I'm dedicated to getting the tank back to looking good. I need to trim some corals and rearrange some things. I'm not asking for details just some of the new topics I need to search for. For example, are people still...
  10. C

IC 660 fuse issue

It's been a while on here for me... I have a IC660 with four 54w T5's. So my IC660 blew a fuse. I had actually thought that it crapped out (this is the second one) but then I remembered there was a fuse and whalla! It was blown. I traded it out with the fuse from the first dead IC660. As soon...
  11. C

Skimmer Silencer

I wanted to post this for anyone who doesn't have one of these. My reef has been setup for a few years and after seeing Aaron's tank yesterday, I decided to try and replicate his skimmer silencer on my old school asm g3. Turns out everyone else in the world of SW has one of these. I don't know...
  12. C

Apex Firmware Update- I'm scared!!

So I have 4.11_AA11 installed on my Apex and I have been putting off updating the firmware because it is behaving perfectly (and I see others are having trouble from time to time). I want to utilize some of the new features but am worried I will open a can of worms. This is the first update...
  13. C

Auto filling ATO Reservoir for Apex

So about a year ago I DIY'd a level-loc since they quit making them. I had a timer controlled solenoid that fed a 5-gallon bucket with a float valve. I also added a float switch in the event that the float valve failed to keep my RODI unit that is upstairs in the master bath from flooding my...
  14. C

I'm stumped- which 4 T5 bulbs

Okay, as title states, I'm stumped as to which bulbs to try. Here is my setup- 140 gallon with a 4x2 footprint and 28" deep. I have a very mixed reef. All T5 are driven HO by a single icecap 660. Back T5- T5- DIY LED strip- mix of 12 white and 15 blue luxeons driven separately by 2 dimmable...
  15. C

ATI/KZ T5 bulbs

Who in the metroplex sells ATI and/or KZ T5 bulbs?! I need some and don't want to wait for shipping.