IC 660 fuse issue

coralreefer

Membership Expired
It's been a while on here for me...

I have a IC660 with four 54w T5's.

So my IC660 blew a fuse. I had actually thought that it crapped out (this is the second one) but then I remembered there was a fuse and whalla! It was blown. I traded it out with the fuse from the first dead IC660. As soon as I plugged it into my eb8, there was a spark at the eb8 plug and it blew the fuse. Could this be something other than the IC660 that I should be checking for before I go buy more fuses or ballasts? I looked at the wiring and it all looks pretty clean. All have waterproof end caps and such. Just all of a sudden stopped working one day.

I'm gonna get some more fuses and check it in a normal outlet before totally ruling out the ballast.

On a side note, anyone know of any reasonable t5 dimming ballasts?

Unplug the wiring harness and replace the fuse, if it blow's then it's the ballast. Mine did this and it wound up being the ballast, you can get them repaired for about $75.

Cheers,

Same thing happened to me - in fact the arcing was so bad the fuse got fused to the fuse holder. :) I would send it in for repair, as Ron mentions.

OKay, so I did some further testing (finally) and determined that the issue is in the EB8 itself. The second outlet has a problem: blows the fuse on the 660 and will not power anything off/on. I tested it with a lamp. It just stays on all the time.

What is my next step with this EB8? Just keep using it as an EB7?

I now have the 660 plugged into a DC4HD and it works as intended.

I had two do the same thing. That is why they went out of business, crappy products. [smilie=devil.gif]